Computer Scientist for Aviation: Simulation & Integration
Computer Scientist for Aviation: Simulation & Integration GDIT is currently seeking COMPUTER SCIENTISTs for its civil aviation programs. These include current job opportunities; and proposed positions in the planning stage. Positions require BA/BS/MS Computer Science or related. Skills required include Java or C++ programming in Linux environment. PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Candidates will work as part of GDITs civil aviation programs supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA); NASA and Joint DOD/FAA aviation projects. As part of that team; the candidate will design; develop software used in simulations of aviation systems including Air Traffic Management (ATM) systems; cockpit simulators and avionics. Will develop software for processing simulated and live data. Planned positions include developing software that may interface with any of the following systems: Air Traffic Control; Unmanned Airborne Systems (UAS); Communications; Navigation; Surveillance and Weather. Software is used to simulate or assess systems that are part of the National Airspace System. Candidate must have good verbal and written communication skills; necessary for technical reports and presentations; work well in both group and with individual assignments. Full-time positions are located at the FAA's William J. Hughes Technical Center in Southern New Jersey; at the Atlantic City International Airport; and potentially at other East Coast Locations. Duties will include; but not limited to:
- Supports the design of new software; Generates new code and corrects; converts; and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications
- Modify; troubleshoot and enhance functionality and performance of existing software.
- Develop software used for interfacing air traffic systems
- Prepares requirements from which code will be written.
- BS/BA in Computer Science
- Requires 5 to 11 years' experience
- Linux; Java or C++
- Currency in designing and developing software.
- Real-time processing systems
- Aviation ATM systems or Avionics