1 day left
- Full Time
This position is located in the Office of the National Park Service Liaison to the White House. Please visit find a park for additional park information.
This is a Career/Career-Conditional work schedule appointment.
Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. All travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected employee.
- Not Required
To qualify for this position, you must have sufficient knowledge and ability in the following job-related factors:
- Ability to do the work of a Gardener WG-5003-06, without more than normal supervision. (SCREEN OUT)
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no substitution of education for experience for Wage Grade (WG) positions.
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- You may be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties. Prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year thereafter (or more frequently if management determines such need exists), you will be required to sign an affidavit certifying to your possession of a valid State issued driver's license that is current and has not been revoked, suspended, canceled, or otherwise disqualified in any way to prohibit your operation of a motor vehicle. You will also submit a photocopy of your valid State issued driver's license prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year, or more frequently if management determines such need exists. Lastly, you may be required to submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that discloses all valid driver's licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you. Please indicate in your application whether you possess a valid State driver's license.
- You will be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and shift work.
- If you are a new employee or supervisor in the Federal government, you will be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
Q - Nonsensitive
- Prunes and trims trees and shrubs to obtain the shape, size, and desired growth characteristics, and to remove diseased limbs or excess branches
- Transplants trees, shrubs, flowers and other plants by digging proper sized holes and preparing the soil to receive the plants
- Fertilizes, waters, and seeds turf areas, and removes rocks, leaves, trash, and debris from landscaped areas
- May operate various types of motor vehicles (pick up trucks) and utility vehicles to transport supplies and materials to work sites
- May operate farm-type tractors with attached equipment such as; rotary or flail mowers, augers, tillers, etc., in the performance of gardener duties
- Removes snow and ice from walkways and roadways with hand or power equipment