Sales Store Checker
The announcement has an APPLICATION LIMIT of 200 applications. Therefore, applicants should apply as soon as possible. The job announcement will close at 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Saving Time, up to the deadline. Applicants NEED to ensure they provide ALL supporting documentation at the time they apply to the vacancy announcement.
- Not Required
Candidates must possess at least six months of full-time general work experience OR 1 year of education above the high school level. Interested candidates should also have a proven track record of exceptional customer service with outstanding accuracy and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of cash register functions and standard retail procedures regarding the handling of cash, check, and credit card transactions.
- Working knowledge of arithmetic in order to handle cash, check, and credit card transactions and to balance the daily receipts against cash register.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and experience with pivot tables in Excel.
- Ability to do basic troubleshooting with Windows/iPad register and peripherals; general knowledge of Windows/MAC OS.
- Basic knowledge of Art History and of the Museum's collection order to help them select products to purchase is desirable.
Physical requirements: Work requires continuous standing, walking, bending, and lifting and occasionally requires moving merchandise weighing up to 25lbs.
the National Gallery of Art provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Incumbent is assigned to the Gallery Shops of the Administrator’s Staff and provides the high level of customer service needed to maximize sales and keep the shops neat and well stocked.
- Operates cash register and is responsible for proper encoding of stock numbers and prices, accuracy of receipts, including cash, checks, credit cards, and gift certificates.
- Provides friendly, courteous service and assists customers in the selection of merchandise.
- Follows and applies established sales procedures and policies including refunds, returns, employee discounts and mark downs.
- Accounts for cash, checks and credit cards at end of day and prepares bank deposit for cash and checks.
- Maintains floor, display areas, and cash register station.
- Answers questions regarding merchandise or about the National Gallery’s collections and activities.
- Assists and supports store staff in maintaining all stock departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.