Lead Financial Management Specialist
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Additional vacancies may be filled in the following locations with the salary range as follows:
Silver Spring MD $79,720.00 - $103,639.00 per annum
Dallas, TX $76,903.00 - $99,977.00 per annum
Jefferson, AR $72,168.00 - $93,821.00 per annum
Irvine, CA $72,168.00 - $93,821.00 per annum
Chicago, IL $79,563.00 - $103,435.00 per annum
Lenexa, KS $72,500.00 - $94,253.00 per annum
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, Office of Finance, Budget and Acquisition, Office of Financial Management, Division of Travel Services. This position has vacancies in the following locations: Silver Spring Md; Dallas, TX; Jefferson, AR; Irvine, CA; Lenexa, KS; and Chicago, IL.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-OO-17-MP-1993243PR under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures.
NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Who May Apply: Open to all United States Citizens.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
- Not Required
In order to qualify for a Financial Management Specialist, 501-12, you must meet the following:
Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11
in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has
equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and
abilities to perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience
is defined as having knowledge of government travel administration
methods and practices, procedures, regulations, precedents and policies;
and financial management systems.
Conditions of Employment:
- Security and Background Requirements: Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. If hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Pre-employment physical required: No
- Drug testing required: No
- License required: No
- Mobility agreement required: No
- Immunization required: No
- Incentives may be authorized; however, this is contingent upon funds availability. If authorized, certain incentives will require you to sign a service agreement to remain in the Federal government for a period of up to 3 years. Note: This statement does not imply nor guarantee an incentive will be offered and paid. Incentives include the following: moving expenses, recruitment or relocation incentive; student loan repayment, superior qualifications appointment, creditable service for annual leave for prior non-federal work experience or prior uniformed military service, etc.
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes or No
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing of the announcement.
- Financial disclosure statement required: No
Public Trust - Background Investigation
The incumbent serves as a Lead Financial Management Specialist with
responsibilities for supporting the financial management and travel
functions of the Division.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
*Serves as a team lead responsible for providing guidance and assistance to travelers on current and developing travel policies, procedures and systems.
*Analyzes and resolves complex issues related to the financial aspects of programs where the resolution of problems requires an integrated financial approach.
*Serves as a representative on travel payments and policy with colleagues.
*Serves as a representative in discussions on travel policies, particularly surrounding non-Federal sponsored travel.
*Enters all non-Federal sponsoring organizations into financial management systems.
*Assures that all travel prepayment checks submitted have all supporting documentation attached in order for the accounting officer to enter the checks into financial management systems in a timely manner.
*Coordinates testing and implementation of any new updated versions of enhancement regarding the travel system as necessary.
*Maintains and operates multiple types of financial and travel modules to support operational requirements for producing and disseminating financial management reports related to resource operations.
*Serves as a team leader responsible for managing and distributing work to their prospective travel team.