Physical Therapy Assistant
7 days left
- Full Time
The Defense Health Agency, National Capital Region Medical Directorate (NCR-MD) is the future of Military Medicine- a partnership in World Class Medical Healthcare. The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, the National Intrepid Center of Excellence (NICoE), Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Dilorenzo Clinic and the Joint Pathology Center, provide world class medical services to the nation's service members and their families.
About the Position:
This position is located in the Directorate for Surgery, Department of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation, Physical Therapy Clinic at the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital in Fort Belvoir, VA. The Physical Therapy Clinic is a busy outpatient hospital-based service, with some inpatient coverage, providing care to patients ranging in age from 6 - 100+. The clinic services a full spectrum of neuromuscular disorders and dysfunctions, with additional capabilities in TBI, vestibular, neuro, pelvic floor, and lymphedema management.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Occasional Travel
- Temporary Duty (TDY) travel is two percent.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes executing therapeutic exercises; assisting with the implementation of physical therapy treatment plans; maintaining patient records in writing, such as evaluation reports, progress notes, and/or treatment determinations, into an electronic-healthcare system. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Tier 3 (T3) security clearance.
- This position requires the incumbent to have tuberculosis testing.
- A Childcare Background Check (CNACI) is required.
- This position has mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirements and is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations unless otherwise exempted for medical or religious reasons.
- This position requires you to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment physical examination.
- This position requires that you obtain and maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
You will operate equipment and design exercise programs in accordance with standard physical therapy practices. Administer physical therapy to walk-in ambulatory, general medical and surgical patients. Observe patient responses, judge whether or not the treatment program is having the desired effect, and in concert with the supervising therapist, modifies or discontinues the treatment program. Instruct patients in a variety of exercise programs, including pre and post operative exercise regimens. Provide direct therapeutic care to a diverse patient population with a variety of patient diagnoses. Coordinate with physical therapist to establish plan of patient care as it relates to patient's physical therapy impairments. Design and modify treatment programs requiring a multifaceted approach determined by the patient's physical and mental conditions. Maintain patient treatment records by writing reports covering initial evaluation of patients, patient progress, and treatment determination.