Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC)
7 days left
- Full Time
This position is located in the ACIO Cyber Security, DAS Information System and CIO, Assistant Secretary for Management/CFO, Departmental Offices, Department of the Treasury.
The employee provides leadership and expert technical advice on developing and implementing policies, programs, and procedures to ensure the security and reliability of information systems throughout the organization.
- Not Required
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Developing plans to safeguard IT system data against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Reviewing violations of computer security procedures and protective measures, providing reports as required and making recommendations for appropriate corrective actions.
- Coordinating implementation of computer security technical solutions and/or corrective actions with system stakeholders.; AND
- Performing research of IT security threat environments, technologies and solutions and presenting consolidated analyses with associated weaknesses, recommended actions and plans for implementation to senior managers.
- Reviewing and/or approving IT system access requests and/or processes to ensure IT security access requirements such as clearance, need-to-know and minimum training are accomplished before access is granted.
- Monitoring current reports of IT threats and vulnerabilities to determine risks, criticality and potential impact on IT systems.; AND
- Performing risk assessments and executing tests of IT systems to ensure correct functioning of IT system processes and security measures.
- Identifying IT Security problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative IT security solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reviewing violations of computer security procedures and discussing procedures with violators to ensure violations are not repeated.
- Reviewing IT systems and/or IT security programs to identify weaknesses and make recommendations for corrective actions.; AND
- Researching IT security threat environments, technology, policy and federal mandates and presenting consolidated analyses with any associated recommendations to senior management.
You may substitute education for general or specialized experience as follows: a Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree if related.
Specialized experience: For the GS-09, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Providing cyber security support, such as risk benefit analysis of information technology security solutions.
- Providing decision support, such as interpreting technical explanations of operating systems, application design decisions, IT security requirements, and presenting technical information to management.
- Developing decision support packages based on knowledge of programming, system administration, application life cycles and IT security requirements and solutions for.; AND
- Experience researching IT security technology, policy and federal mandates and summarizing for presentation to senior management
You may substitute education for general or specialized experience as follows: a Master’s or equivalent degree in a field related to this position or two full years of progressively higher education leading to such a degree
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must also show proficiency in 1) attention to detail, 2) customer service, 3) oral communication, and 4) problem solving.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
As an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), you will:
- Provide technical expertise to the design, development, and implementation of information security policies and procedures. Conducts risk assessment programs to identify areas of potential vulnerability in operating systems used throughout the organization.
- Analyze findings and develops long-range plans for security systems that minimize risks, mitigate vulnerabilities, prevent security incidents, and insure systems reliability.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing programs. Identifies new processes, techniques, and procedures to upgrade and enhance security protocols.
- Participate on project teams to implement systems security programs and to integrate IT security with other disciplines.