Associate University Registrar for Enrollment Management and Registration - Office of the Universit
Associate University Registrar for Enrollment Management and Registration - Office of the University Registrar
The Associate University Registrar for Enrollment Management and Registration position is responsible for ensuring quality service to faculty, students, and alumni through timely and accurate supervision and development of the production, maintenance, and management of all enrollment activities for students, as well as student groups in the interpretation and implementation of university academic policies and accepted guidelines of professional practice and government regulations. S/he provides project management leadership with data analytics, technical and technological applications, functionalities, and initiatives both independently and in collaboration with all units of the Office of the University Registrar and other university stakeholders; and manages the unit responsible for the online registration system, enrollment reports and projections, advisor assignments, and overall maintenance of enrollment records. Reporting directly to the Associate Vice President and University Registrar, the Associate University Registrar has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Supervises and develops the production, maintenance, and management of all enrollment activities for students in the Main Campus schools [including the School of Foreign Service-Qatar (SFS-Q)], the School of Continuing Studies, and the School of Nursing and Health Sciences, as well as consortium, visiting and special student groups in the interpretation and implementation of university academic policies and accepted guidelines of professional practice and government regulations.
- Coordinates, plans, and supervises course registration processing and configuration to support pre-registration, live registration, add/drop, and MBA Bidding; and coordinates implementation of the Schedule of Events carried out by the records and registration staff.
- Ensures that the technology that supports enrollment is effective and efficient this person will use technology, systems, and data analysis to promote productivity, collaboration, and coordination throughout the university.
- Assists academic and non-academic professionals in providing a system that can be used to optimize a pathway to success for students to receive their degrees within four years from Georgetown University.
- Coordinates closely with the Director of Student Services for Georgetown Downtown and SFS-Q registrar to ensure they are informed and in-sync with the Schedule of Events and other Main Campus procedures and processes.
- Coordinates closely with the Admission Office, Office of Student Accounts, and Office of Student Financial Services on student enrollment data, registrations, and refunds in the student information system(s).
- Provides enrollment reporting and strategic planning based on data analytics and projections to meet University targets and goals.
- Delivers accurate reports routinely and as needed/requested to support enrollment management and university stakeholders.
- Supervises the Assistant Registrar for Registration, Director of Student Services for Georgetown Downtown, and the SFSQ Academic Recorder.
- Master's degree
- 5 to 8 years of progressively responsive administrative experience - preferably in higher education with significant supervisory experience or directing operations in an office or unit and/or project management and/or systems implementation experience
- Strong working knowledge of external regulatory rules and regulations, as well as monitoring and enforcing them
- Ability to accomplish defined objectives with minimal direct supervision
- Knowledge of complex work processes
- Ability to multi-task; to plan, organize and implement single or multiple job tasks; to prioritize work assignments and deliverables; and to apply common sense and logic in making prudent and sound decisions are all required for success in this position
- Ability to apply information in high stress and conflict situations, comprehend complex problems and reach reasonable conclusions, and to use mental skills to recall, analyze and organize information to make complex decisions to protect the academic integrity of students, faculty and Georgetown University
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy in all matters
- Integrity of the highest order and accountability in the daily interactions
- Knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA)
- Experience in the use and management of student information systems - preference for Banner and Cognos experience
- Demonstrable proficiency with PCs and related software, including but not limited to MS Office Suite - spreadsheets, databases, word processing, project management, and flow charting; as well as internet and interactive computing
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to define problem both quantitatively and qualitatively, and then to generate potential solutions
- Ability to use report generation and BI tools
- Excellent analytical and customer service skills
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.