Office Associate - Temporary Position
Location: Rockville, MD
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Online applications must be received by Thursday, August, 17, 2017
Montgomery College, Office of Human Resources and Strategic Talent Management (HRSTM) located at CT Building, has need for a full-time temporary position, Office Associate. The expected work schedule is M-F from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
This position is responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties, answering and directing calls to the appropriate department or staff, verify new hire paperwork and employment verification form (I-9), sorting and distributing mails, and able to maintain high level of multitasking and confidentiality.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Screen and transfer telephone calls to appropriate staff or department
• Maintain HRSTM emails and correspondents by responding to the emails or forwarding to the appropriate department.
• Perform administrative, technical, and secretarial work
• Coordinate room availability and make room reservations
• Update and communicate HRSTM phone and email list as changes occur.
• Maintain the reception area with updated forms, business cards, and supplies.
• Keep mailboxes up-to-date
• Assist with planning and implementing events and meetings
• Provide support and assist to other HRSTM functional areas and staff
• Assist on special projects as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
• Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience performing general office and secretarial duties involving customer service
• Knowledge of office support procedures and practices
• Computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite OR Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Ability to interact with public and staff
• Excellent communications skills, including oral and effective business writing
• Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
• Previous HR experience
• Basic knowledge on how to complete new hire and employment verification (I-9) forms
• Online applications must be received by August 17, 2017. To apply, please visit http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
• The application process includes 10 steps.
• Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
• For consideration, you must:
1. Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
2. Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4); and
3. E-sign your application. (Step 9)
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.