Entry-Level Education and Learning Associate
6 days left
- Full Time
SmithBucklin, a company that provides business services and management support to nonprofit associations, is looking for an Entry-Level Education and Learning Associate to join our Education & Learning Services (ELS) team in Washington, DC. The ELS unit plays a critical role in client growth by developing education programs in collaboration with volunteer subject matter experts. Client association members, now more than ever, expect a return on their investment in professional associations - this return is directly linked to providing the type and quality of educational programs and learning delivery options that meet their needs. The Entry-Level Education & Learning Associate serves as the front-line contact to various stakeholders within our association communities, helping to reach training goals by facilitating webinar and online learning programs, supporting conference events and planning the logistics of key speakers to/from conferences.
What You Will Do
- Apply the use of all eLearning and technology tools to support client education initiatives, including a variety of abstract management tools, eLearning development software, web-conferencing tools and live capture/recording tools
- Serve as an education liaison to association members, volunteers and speakers
- Provide speaker, reviewer and volunteer training and support as needed to ensure that the educational goals are met in developing programs
- Assist in providing content for client newsletters and email blasts as well as developing agendas and meeting minutes
- Provide support in the acquisition or maintenance of certifications as needed, including application processes, test company outreach and online tool support
- Manage program-specific invoicing (speaker honoraria or expense reimbursement)
- Assist in the production of online training opportunities via eLearning courses, podcasts, webcasts and live capture at meetings
- Project administration including capturing meeting minutes, processing session evaluations (tabulation and basic analysis), providing customer service and overall client stewardship
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technology tools/platforms
- You display a strong customer service focus
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You exhibit strong time management and organizational skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced, multi-client environment
- You have gained experience managing projects independently
- You're a "people person" that enjoys building relationships
- You have the ability to travel up to 20%
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution
- 0-1 year of relevant professional experience
- Relevant internship experience is highly preferred
- Experience organizing and setting up meetings (conference calls, online, in person) is a plus
- Experience coordinating or attending educational conferences is a plus
- Database management experience (iMIS) is a plus
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.