Assistant, Special Events Systems
Assist with the planning and execution of events for various departments of the Kennedy Center, Washington National Opera and the National Symphony Orchestra with a concentration on development donor perquisite events, cultivation events and fundraising events.
Work in conjunction with the Director of Special Events to assist with the management of the Special Events office. Process and organize all expenses incurred by the Special Events department and assist Special Events staff on projects as needed.
Be able to prioritize assignments and work under significant pressure, as most projects are time sensitive, involving frequent concurrent deadlines. Unfailing attention to detail is critical. Sensitivity to potential difficult situations, eagerness to communicate and solve problems with a positive attitude is extremely important.
Duties and Responsibilities:
75% Prepare and process all expenses incurred by the Special Events department; maintain good relationships with the Finance department and external vendors.
20% Assist with monitoring R.s.v.p phone lines, faxes, and emails and processing responses and payments as needed for all events; Serve at registration tables or in directional assistance positions for Kennedy Center fundraising and cultivation events.
5% Event design including all paper materials and table design including florals, linens, cutlery, plates and glassware.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to the arts, public relations or special events, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- The incumbent must have flexibility for extended hours.
- Work independently and in a collaborative team environment with ease.
- Basic understanding of event planning.
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Arranger: An ability to orchestrate
- Creativity: An ability to break existing configurations in favor of more effective/appealing ones
- Achiever: A drive that is internal, constant and self-imposed
- Problem Solving: An ability to think things through with incomplete data
- Multirelator: An ability to build an extensive network of acquaintances
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation’s cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion.
For consideration apply online at www.kennedy-center.org/jobs.