Physician Assistant - DoD/VA
General Dynamics IT is currently looking for a dedicated Physician Assistant in Patient care & Research to join our team to support the contract with Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center - National Intrepid Center of Excellence. This position is based in Bethesda, Maryland.
You will have a key role by contributing your expert knowledge in delivering excellent care to our patients!
The Physician Assistnat in this role will provide patient care in both inpatient and outpatient clinical settings under the direction of a licensed physician for traumatic brain injury. Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team in the care approach for TBI Service Member.
- Provides patient care in both inpatient and outpatient clinical settings under the direction of a licensed physician.
- Screens patients for traumatic brain injury.
- Provide direct patient care, physical assessments, evaluations, and monitoring of the patient with TBI.
- Provides emergency care for patients with TBI as indicated.
- Provides counseling to patients on treatments.
- Maintains documentation consistent with program and facility standards.
- Coordinates continuing education functions and departmental events.
- Participates on committees and in special projects as required.
Non Primary Responsibilities:
- Other duties consistent with the above responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must possess thorough knowledge of health care and patient care. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to maintain accurate and complete files on patients. Ability to perform complex patient care procedures with scope of training required. Must be able to communicate to staff, families and other sources both in writing and orally.
- Must be a US Citizen and not a Dual Citizenship holder.
- Graduation from an accredited or provisionally accredited by the American Academy of Physician Assistants granting a Master's or Bachelor's degree for physician assistants. Must maintain Continuing Education credit sufficient to maintain both their clinical license and to meet medical facility specific Quality Assurance standards for credentialing.
- 0 to 2 years' experience as a Physician's Assistant. Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
- 3 years or more experience as a Physician Assistant is highly preferred.
The must meet all requirements for the credentialing facilities where they will be providing services
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.