Continuing Education Coordinator
Reporting to the Director of Education, the Continuing Education (CE) Coordinator is responsible for maintaining ASN’s compliance with continuing education accreditation requirements, including but not limited to the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), American Medical Association (AMA), American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). The CE Coordinator supports the ASN mission and strategic goals as well as the priorities of the ASN Education enterprise.
- Maintain compliance with CE accreditation and Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirements for ASN educational activities; responsibilities include documentation, evaluations, post-tests, reports, and staff coordination.
- Serve as the primary staff contact for CE organizations; responsibilities include staying informed of changes and communicating those changes to the Education Team.
- Serve as the primary staff contact for CE co-provider partners; responsibilities include managing agreements and maintaining compliance.
- Serve as the primary staff contact for the CE system vendor; responsibilities include coordination with ASN’s system(s), development, quality assurance testing, and implementation.
- Coordinate the linkage between ASN and ABIM for the recording of MOC points for ASN learners.
- Coordinate the ASN Innovations in Kidney Education Contest to stimulate the development of innovative tools to inspire medical students and residents to think about nephrology in new ways.
- Plan for ASN’s reaccreditation with ACCME (July 2020) and considerations for Joint Accreditation.
- Create and maintain CE standard operating procedures and policies.
- Serve as the primary staff contact for all CE related phone calls, emails, and questions from ASN learners.
- Actively participate in ASN’s strategic plan, specifically to educate health professionals by creating innovative tools and platforms, expanding to new settings, and increasing audiences.
- Provide support for other educational activities as needed.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least three years of project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency using technology to organize and execute projects (particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as databases.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience working with volunteer leaders, particularly physicians.
- Experience with CME accreditation and MOC.
- Nonprofit/association experience, particularly medical/healthcare.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: (Continuing Education Coordinator) to ASN at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.