Customer Service Supervisor
General Dynamics is looking for a Customer Service Supervisor with experience on the to join our team in Jacksonville! The Call Center Supervisor monitors the daily operations of the Customer Service Representatives to ensure contractual metrics are met. The Supervisor provides departmental leadership and supervision of call center employees. A Call Center Supervisor on the Debt Management Collection System (DMCS) contract works with management and operations support staff to ensure that contractual metrics are met and that all CSRs have the tools and training necessary to perform assigned tasks. This person accesses multiple databases to maintain production reports and records across sites and analyzes production and operations systems.
- Provide departmental leadership in assigned functional area
- Responsible for supervision of call center employees to assure productivity, quality, and timeliness of work in the completion of assigned projects and departmental goals
- Assist with or conduct training to keep team updated on changes that may occur in information or procedures
- Perform tasks to assure service level and quality requirements are met
- Assume supervisory responsibility for department tasks and call center activities
- Interview and recommend hiring and promotion of call center staff
- Maintain department records
- Monitor staff quality and performance and provide feedback and coaching as appropriate.
- Complete employee performance assessment at end of year and assignment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Respond to CSR's when needing assistance on locating appropriate scripts to better address the callers questions or concerns
- Assist with side-by-side mentoring for new employees during training and after training as needed
- Maintain a current understanding of the GDIT and DMCS standard operating procedures, processes and Program policies
- Security Clearance Required
- Utilize scripts, standard operating procedures, and training materials to respond to DMCS inquiries in a courteous, timely and professional manner
- Provide accurate responses and documentation of inquiries and complaints from DMCS customers
- Adhere to the Privacy Act as it relates to the confidentiality of information received Continually look for and suggest process improvements, which will benefit GDIT and our customers (internal and external)
- Report problems that occur to the appropriate person and assist with resolution
- Adhere to and support service level metrics that includes schedule adherence, average handle time, response accuracy and quality metrics
- Receive and give constructive feedback on quality and performance measures
- May be required to work some GDIT or Federal holidays
- Overtime may be required
- Practice GDIT Core Values
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Six months supervisory or leadership experience required
- Minimum two years customer service or call center experience
- Experience working on DMCS contract or in similar customer service environment required
- Must have demonstrated oral and written communication skills in English
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to organize self-assignments as well as those of others
- Ability to prioritize and recognize tasks to meet contract standards
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks dependent on call center needs
- Must be able to track and report individual and team information
- Experience working with a PC and a Windows environment is required
- Applicant will be required by contract to undergo program update training as student financial assistance programs change, as well as required GDIT employee training
- Applicants must not be in default status on a federal student loan
- Federal security clearance (through the DMCS contract) required
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires proper safety and security precautions. To ensure our contact center production area is at minimal risk for unauthorized disclosure (that is, the release or divulgence of information by an entity to persons or organizations outside of that entity) of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or Protected Health Information (PHI), the work environment operates under a Secure Floor Policy. The Secure Floor Policy limits or restricts personal belongings, electronic devices, or paper that can be brought into production areas.
Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.