Customer Service Rep
Do you enjoy providing excellent customer service? Is helping the caller resolve their questions regarding their insurance claim; and how their Medicare benefits coordinate with other insurance coverage something you can do? If so, then GDIT is looking for candidates like you. As a Customer Service Representative, you will respond to questions from customers regarding Coordination of Benefits and Medicare Secondary Payer claims and billing questions. In order to be successful in handling calls from beneficiaries and others, you must have a strong customer service and complaint resolution skill set. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide knowledgeable responses to escalated, high priority, or supervisor calls in a courteous and professional manner.Responsible for productivity, quality, and timeliness of work in the completion of program and department tasks and goals.Assist with side-by-side mentoring for new employees during and after training as needed.Assist in monitoring and analyzing quality of all department work and recommend actions for improvement.Maintain up-to-date knowledge of COB, COB-R, and MSP regulations and policies as they apply to inquiries handled by the call center.Assist in information reporting and development as needed.Adhere to the Privacy Act and HIPAA laws and regulations as they relate to the confidentiality of information released.Receive constructive feedback from supervisors.Proofread documents for grammatical and correctness and adherence to standards and formats.Frequent internal contacts with Customer Service Managers, Call Center Supervisors, Lead Training Specialist, Operations Representative, other Customer Service Reps, and other contractors and government personnel supporting the program.Assume coordination responsibility for department in absence of supervisory staff.Assist in the design, development, and writing of BCRC area processing procedures and maintain department records.Cross-trained agents (Recovery/Data Collection) may be asked to process BIL emails, which involves following a step by step process to review the request, conduct necessary research and make valid updates to beneficiaries’ records.May be required to work some GDIT holidays. Overtime may be required.Regular and predictable attendance is requiredPerform other related duties as assigned.
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Six months customer service/telemarketing/secretarial experience required.
- Previous experience with medical claims and billing is preferred.
- Must be able to type 20 WPM; 30 WPM preferred.
- Two years of progressively responsible work experience in customer service; medical claims; call center; or a secretarial position is preferred.
- Must have the ability to organize simultaneous tasks for individual assignments and the workflow of others.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks to meet contract standards is rquired.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English effectively; both verbally and in writing; is required. Spanish fluency is a plus.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with a PC and a Windows environment is required.
- Must have proven ability to work effectively as a team member.