Collection Services Analyst
Summary PenFed is hiring a Collections Service Analyst in Alexandria,VA. The primary purpose of this job is to assist the DCC department in a number of computer system related issues. Additionally, they will develop and coordinate with the IT department in all areas to improve and streamline the processes that are in place, as well as work on the development of new processes to enhance productivity Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
Develop, define and organize queues and assignments for collection activity work flows.
Provide business and tech support for a wide variety of projects to include research, analysis, testing and certification for management review.
Assign users to a variety of DCC campaigns, queues, and processes to optimize day to day activities and work flow. Systems may include but not be limited to the Avaya agent, CTI, Penguin, Accurint, and FDR.
Collect, produce and analyze daily and monthly reports highlighting trends and profiles for management review.
Review unit’s collection activity, identifying trends and assessing unit effectiveness.
Compile data for the Manager for use in management reports and presentations.
Assist in the monthly identification of loans to be charged off.
Review written analysis of large charge-off balances to ensure clarity and completeness for Executive Management.
Review Federal, State and local regulations pertaining to debt collection, ensuring unit compliance.
Participate in departmental ad hoc projects.
Work closely with business units to evaluate, analyze, and translate business requirements and specifications into system requirements in consideration of business need, existing technology infrastructure and information required to complete technical designs and program development.
Develop, coordinate, execute and certified all-inclusive test plans and detailed test cases to ensure development and maintenance tasks meet business requirements and do not negatively affect existing system functions and processes.
Collaborate with business units and IT staff to identify improvement opportunities and evaluates, recommends and implements general technology or process based solutions.
Support technical staff by participating in unit and integration testing and certification during the development phase of projects.
- Act as liaison between the business units and technical staff. Support project assignments and IT technical staff by understanding and independently analyzing reporting processes and user-based parameter changes.
- Work multiple projects concurrently and shift priorities as required to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Support the implementation and post-implementation of changes in production.
- Continue to enhance technical and functional knowledge and capabilities to develop a comprehensive understanding of assigned systems.
- Act as liaison between PenFed and vendors (PSCU, First Data).
- Work in conjunction with management and the DCC staff in bringing everyone up to date on the changes that have been implemented, as well as act as the liaison to IT for the implantation of any new ideas or suggestions that may come up.
- Provide assistance with other projects, programs, and activities in DCC as required. Interacts with staff and vendors on a regular basis.
- Assist with the drafting and tracking system request/production issues, user acceptance testing, system enhancement certification and production fixes across applicable systems and applications impacting the department.
- Analyze dialer campaign results data, identifies best times to make member contact, evaluates available resources, makes campaign strategy recommendations, and implements approved campaign strategies.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
Minimum of three (3) years’ related experience preferably in debt collections.
Functional knowledge of PC based activities, word processing and spreadsheet software preferred.
Possess the capacity to explore data research opportunities for the unit as they arise.
Experience with SQL or other query language a plus.
Knowledge of Federal, State and local regulations concerning debt collection regulations required.
Familiarity with bankruptcy and collateral liquidation policy and procedures required.
Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills required.
- This position will not directly supervise employees.
- There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise .