Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Department of Justice!
This position is located in the Litigation Security Group (LSG), Security and Emergency Planning Staff (SEPS) at the U.S. Department of Justice.
The Litigation Security Group, Security and Emergency Planning Staff is the office of the U.S. Department of Justice that is responsible for implementing and coordinating the security requirements for the care, custody and control of classified information in all Classified Information Procedures Act (CIPA) cases, as well as other litigation involving classified information.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
In order to qualify for the Security Assistant, you must meet the specialized experience identified below.
GS-6- Have at least one year of specialized experience performing the following duties: providing administrative support of security programs and providing support related to data collection and tracking.
GS-7- Have at least one year of specialized experience performing the following duties: providing administrative support of information security programs and providing support related to information security data collection and tracking.
You MUST meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
YOUR RESUME MUST support your responses to the online questionnaire. Failure to provide support may result in an ineligible rating. Your latest resume submitted for this vacancy announcement will be used to determine qualifications and supersedes previous submissions.
YOUR RESUME MUST provide specific details as to how your experience meets the specialized experience as described in the vacancy announcement if you are using experience to meet all or part of the qualification requirements. Please ensure that your resume includes the month and year that you began and ended each position held or that position will not be credited toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. Full-time employment will be assumed unless otherwise stated on your resume. Part-time employment will be prorated in crediting experience. Failure to provide details will result in an ineligible rating.
As a Security Assistant GS-0086-6/7~ , your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Conducting inventory of classified information.
- Coordinating delivery and destruction of classified information with intelligence agencies; security equipment and services coordinator with purchase authority for the Government-wide commercial purchase card General Services Administration program.
- Ensuring security elements are in place such as determining if alarms are active, document and storage container user logs are completed properly, visitor logs are completed, change security container combinations when necessary and assist with the procurement of security equipment.
- Entering and updating data in one or more security databases that identifies detailed information on current cases, automated data systems and a variety of software packages and programs to accomplish a wide range of clerical, statistical and data entry/retrieval tasks in support of the office.