Maintenance Worker (MVO) NA-07
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within the local commuting are of Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
There when you need us! Child, Youth & School Services recognizes the challenges of our Soldiers and their Families. By offering quality programs for children, youth and students, CYS supports the Army Family Covenant by reducing the conflict between mission readiness and parental responsibility.
This position is located at the Child and Youth School Services, Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall
Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall (JBM-HH) serves as the base support of operations for the Joint Force Headquarters-National Capitol Region and the U.S. District of Washington, Fort McNair, D.C. Fort Myer traces its origins to the Civil War and Fort McNair has been an Army post for more than 200 years. Henderson Hall provides barracks and support for Marines assigned to Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps as well as certain schools and agencies in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area.
This is a Nonappropriated Fund Regular Full-Time (RFT) position that includes NAF Benefits, with 40 guaranteed work hours per administrative week. This position provides assistance and support to the staff in maintaining and up keeping of the facility, grounds and related equipment. The incumbent may be required to work during inclement weather, before and/or after scheduled work hours, special events and weekends, etc.
Work shifts may be scheduled any time between 06:00 AM and 6:00 PM Monday - Friday.
Although the salary for this position is being advertised as a range, most will begin at the lowest rate of pay unless prior NAF service warrants a higher pay setting.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma.
- Ability to communicate in English at a level to assure the duties described can be accomplished in a safe and satisfactory manner.
- Demonstrated skills in successfully operating standard tools
- Experience in accomplishing the types of duties described in this job. Requires a valid state driver's license to operate a 15 passenger vehicle.
- Requires a commercial drivers license (CDL) with no restrictions to operate a 24 passenger vehicle.
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. A Health Assessment is required.
3. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
4. Upon appointment to a NAF position, incumbent will be required to show Social Security Card.
5. Successful completion of all prescribed training requirements is a condition of employment.
6. Possession of a valid state driver's license or CDL to operate a government vehicle with a capacity for transporting 24 passengers is required.
7. This position is covered by the DA Drug-Free Federal Workplace Program. Incumbent is required to sign DA Form 5019-R.
8. This position has critical safety or security responsibilities and as such has been designated as a testing designated position (TDP). As a condition of employment, incumbent of a TDP is subject to a random drug test that occurs without suspicion that a particular individual is using illegal drugs.
9. Incumbent will be required to provide a copy of High School or General Equivalency Diploma in order to begin working.
10. Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. The outdoor work is performed in all kinds of weather and exposes the employee to wind, rain, dust, mud, hot, and cold conditions.
11. Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Provides assistance and support to the staff in maintaining and up keeping of the facility grounds and related equipment.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving the maintenance and minor repairs of buildings, play ground equipment, toys and associated equipment.
- Drives government vans with a capacity of 15-24 passengers to transport children/youth on field trips or to and from school or accompanies walking children to/from school.
- Conducts and documents daily safety inspections of facility and grounds.