Training Instructor (Automotive) NF-03
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
This position is located at the Auto Skills Center at Fort Meade, MD. The Automotive Skills Center has 24 open bays, hydraulic lifts, "state of the art" tools and equipment for use on all domestic and foreign vehicles. We provide a safe clean and earth friendly environment, technical assistance, tools and equipment for patrons to make repairs and maintenance on privately owned vehicles and equipment. You do the work, we ensure industry standards are met.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is world-wide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
**This position is a FLEX (Intermittent) position. You may work 0-39 hours per week at management's discretion. There is NO minimum or maximum guarantee of hours you will receive to work per week. This position does NOT include NAF benefits.**
- Not Required
Demonstrated ability and experience, or education to perform the duties of the position.
1. Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification or equivalent preferred.
NOTE: A copy of your ASE Certification or equivalent must be submitted with your application package.
2. Must possess and maintain a valid state Driver's License.
** NOTE: Applicants that meet the minimum qualifications and highly preferred criteria will be referred to the selecting official first. All other applicants will be referred as needed and requested by the selecting official. Applicants experience has to be clearly identified in your application package in order to receive consideration. **
If using education to qualify for this position. A copy of your unofficial or official college transcripts must be submitted with your application package to support your qualifications for this position.
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Must be able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
3. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
4. Appointment is subject to completion and favorable results of fingerprints.
5. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable health assessment/physical to determine suitability for this position.
NOTE: Work environment is in an Automotive Bay with extremes in hot and cold temperatures. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
6. Appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3 to include a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) is required
7. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable installation record checks/credit check to determine suitability for this position.
1. Responsible for the administration, safe operation, custody, and maintenance of the self-help program within the Auto Crafts Center.
2. Provides technical assistance/training to patrons in the performance of self help automotive repairs ranging from the
simple to the more complex automotive including overhaul of engines and transmissions, and bodywork.
3. Provides individual and class instruction to military personnel and other eligible patrons.