Training Instructor (Automotive) NF-03
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
*** NOTE: The announcement close date has been extended FROM 22 August 2017 TO 22 September 2017 to accept additional applications.
This position is located at the Auto Skills Center at Fort Meade, MD. The Automotive Skills Center has 24 open bays, hydraulic lifts, "state of the art" tools and equipment for use on all domestic and foreign vehicles. We provide a safe clean and earth friendly environment, technical assistance, tools and equipment for patrons to make repairs and maintenance on privately owned vehicles and equipment. You do the work, we ensure industry standards are met.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is world-wide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
**This position is a FLEX (Intermittent) position. You may work 0-39 hours per week at management's discretion. There is NO minimum or maximum guarantee of hours you will receive to work per week. This position does NOT include NAF benefits.**
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Must be able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
3. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
4. Appointment is subject to completion and favorable results of fingerprints.
5. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable health assessment/physical to determine suitability for this position.
NOTE: Work environment is in an Automotive Bay with extremes in hot and cold temperatures. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
6. Appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3 to include a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) is required
7. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable installation record checks/credit check to determine suitability for this position.
1. Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification or equivalent preferred.
NOTE: A copy of your ASE Certification or equivalent must be submitted with your application package.
2. Must possess and maintain a valid state Driver's License.
** NOTE: Applicants that meet the minimum qualifications and highly preferred criteria will be referred to the selecting official first. All other applicants will be referred as needed and requested by the selecting official. Applicants experience has to be clearly identified in your application package in order to receive consideration. **
If using education to qualify for this position. A copy of your unofficial or official college transcripts must be submitted with your application package to support your qualifications for this position.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF - Reasonable Accommodation
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)