Human Resources Specialist (Information Systems), GS-0201-11
The Human Resources Divison is currently recruiting for a Term Human Resources Specialist (Informaiton Systems) not-to-exceed (NTE) 13 months, and may be extended in one-year increments up to a maximum of four years.
THIS TERM APPOINTMENT DOES NOT PROVIDE A PERMANENT CAREER-CONDITIONAL APPOINTMENT OR REEMPLOYMENT RIGHT TO A PREVIOUS PERMANENT APPOINTMENT HELD.
The Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement (OSMRE) is looking for a talented, highly motivated and experienced Human Resources Specialists (Information Systems), located in the Finance and Administration Directorate, Human Resources Division. Are you interested? If so, then don't miss this opportunity! We want your resume application today! Come join a rewarding team of professional and technical employees with OSMRE who are working throughout the United States. Apply today! Our employees represent a broad range of expertise essential to the successful implementation of the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 (SMCRA).
If selected for this position, you will be working for the U.S. Department of the Interior, Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement, located in Washington, DC.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Not Required
1. Three (3) full years of progressively hiogher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or LL.M., in a related business or Human Resources field; OR
2. Combination of the above education and experience; OR
3. One year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal services. The experience may have been gained in either in the public or private sector and must be clearly detailed on your resume to be found qualified for the position. Specialize experience may include: Process and review electronic personnel files to determine validity of requested personnel actions; determine appropriate legal authority on personnel actions' provide interpretation of agencies policies and procedures to managers and customers; ensure that personnel actions are properly dococumented and meet legal/regulatory requirements; experience involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising and adapting advance concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources. experience advising management on Human Resources principlies and practicies; complete personnel actions using appropriate hiring authorities; and use databases and automated systems to track and report data.
For more information, please click on: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0200/human-resources-management-series-0201/
Please make sure your specialized experience/requirement(s) can be identified in your resume.
If you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or a list of courses showing title, number of credits, grade, and date of completion. All applicants to include DOI employees MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or a list of courses showing title, number of credits, grade, and date of completion.
You must meet all the qualifications requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Q - Nonsensitive
As a Human Resources Specialist, you will:
- Process and document a full range of varied complex and difficult personnel actions to include: accessions, separations, position, details, temporary promotions, reassignments, transfers, awards, salary changes, within grade increases (WGI), assignments/realignments, and separations, etc.
- Code and key-entry personnel actions for inputting into the Federal Personnel and Payroll Systems (FPPS); assure data being keyed into the system is accurate and secure; review outputs and correct actions as necessary.
- Follow-up on due dates such as completion of probationary periods, supervisor’s certifications required for processing within-grade increases, conversions from career-conditional to career appointments, realignments, reassignments, etc.
- Answer credit inquiries and provides necessary information.
- Provide e-SF-75 information to receiving agencies. Examine all proposed personnel actions for correct citations of legal authority, effective dates, nature of action, and attachment of pertinent forms.
- Monitor, coordinate, and tracks all on-going and projected personnel actions and continuously apprises management of status.
- Review and oversee the processing of a comprehensive range of personnel actions and ensure correct nature of action coding, identification of proper appointing authorities, and identification of correct legal authority codes.
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of automated personnel action processingand its interface with automated payroll system to resolve problems and facilitate workflow and database accuracy.
- Research and interpret guidelines and directives from higher echelons and apply problem-solving skills to difficult cases.
- Respond to requests for technical guidance from internal and external sources and make recommendations for ways to solve complex processing situations.
- Maintain Official Personnel Folders (eOPFs) for civilian employees in the OSMRE. Monitor the eOPF database daily for new arrivals/requests from all Federal agencies. Once received, creates the employee’s permanent eOPF by scanning the material in the OPF and then consolidating this new information with information contained in the employee’s temporary eOPF.
- Prepare files to be sent to other agencies: review the eOPF for any documents that should be purged.
- Research eOPFs in order to answer telephonic and written inquiries.
- Ensure eOPFs transfers to other agencies or to the National Records Center are completed properly.
- Create vacancy Identifications in the Workforce Transformation and Tracking System (WTTS) and Entrance on Duty System (EODS). Sends vacancy announcement to FPPS, emails new hire forms for entrance of duty. Send actions to Federal Personnel Payroll System (FPPS) and process WTTS documents into FPPS (Ethnicity, handicap, state taxes, direct deposit, etc.).