Facility Operations Specialist
5 days left
- Full Time
Are you ready to help a world-class university take on the challenges of reaching over 100,000 learners worldwide? The Defense Acquisition University (DAU) is the recognized leader as a corporate university, advancing the use of technology in all areas of education. The professional faculty and staff at DAU work in a strong team environment to continuously improve the ways we help our students learn by delivering the right knowledge and skills at the point of need. Come join this dynamic team using your expertise to make a real impact in the acquisition community.
- Not Required
For the NJ-III Facility Operations Specialist, you must have one year of specialized experience at the NJ-1640-II (GS-08) grade level in Federal service or an equivalent position in the civilian sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience with managing an electronic work order tracking system; Prioritizing, developing, and managing workloads and/or schedules of facility maintenance personnel.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D. may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
For the NJ-IV position Facility Operations Specialist: You must have a least one year of specialized experience at the NJ-III or GS-11 equivalent in the Federal service or an equivalent position in the civilian sector..
Specialized experience in at least two of the areas: Experience in managing and or directing a facilities maintenance department; Experience in crediting scopes of work and cost estimates based off visual inspections of current site conditions for various types of facility related projects; Experience in managing an electronic work orders tracking system.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Background or Security Investigation: This position requires a Public Trust - Background Investigation. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination.
For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
1. Apply computer skills to manage an internal (electronic) work order tracking system- providing updates to customers, delegating the workload to employees/coworkers and ensuring that maintenance work orders are completed in a timely fashion.
2. Ensures work orders that cannot be addressed by the in house maintenance personnel are submitted to Fort Belvoir's DPW for completion. Constant monitoring of these work orders is essential for statuses, funding requirements and customer awareness.
3. Incumbent will assist in liaison efforts with Fort Belvoir's DPW on issues that impact DAU facilities. Attendance of partnering meetings between DPW and their base maintenance contractor will be required to assist with proper work order tracking.
4. Passes on to other workers, instructions received from supervisor and starts work- by assigning the immediate tasks to be performed by individual members of the group led. Insures that needed plans, blueprints, material, materials and tools are available and that stock is obtained from supply locations (via purchase requisitions). Ensures that there is enough work to keep everyone within the department busy and that all of the instructions/work sequences/methods and deadlines are met by the subordinate employees.
5. Performs a wide range of repair and/or maintenance duties consisting of but not limited to electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, painting etc. as this position may entail doing the physical labor associated with these tasks and associated tasks on an as needed basis.
6. Conduct surveys of facilities at DAU's Fort Belvoir campus in order to assist in the preparation of annual facilities status reports to the installation of Fort Belvoir.
7. Assist in managing numerous aspects of facilities maintenance, construction and management for DAU's numerous historic facilities. 8. Prepares or assists in preparing statement of work, specifications independent cost estimates etc. associated with facility/construction related projects.
9. Serve as a Contractor's Officer Representative (COR) or Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COTR) as required.