SCHOOL PLANT ENGINEER
- Ability to perform semi-skilled general facilities maintenance work.
- Ability to use the tools, equipment, and materials of the field safely and effectively.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, to communicate effectively, and to work cooperatively with others. Must be able to use information technology systems to receive work assignments and other communications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, climb a ladder and use an aerial lift; stoop, kneel, crouch or bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms; and lift and carry up to approximately 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to see. May occasionally be exposed to extreme temperatures or other inclement weather, and loud noises.JOB DESCRIPTION:
This is a Facilities Services position that performs semi-skilled facilities maintenance work in schools. An employee in this class is responsible for performing varied general maintenance duties, such as changing light bulbs, changing ballasts, changing filters, installing bulletin boards, and similar tasks. An experienced worker in this position initiates his/her own daily assignments, follows through on matters, and uses independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Changes bulbs, ballasts on light fixtures, and air filters. Monitors building mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and assists with repairs.
- Makes minor repairs to toilets, faucets, and valves.
- Installs bulletin boards, repairs equipment, furniture, floor tiles and carpeting, performs light painting.
- Lubricates locks and hinges, adjusts doors and door closures.
- Hangs banners, signs, and art work.
- Uses tractor, snow blowers and shovels to help clear snow and ice from campus sidewalks and pathways.
- Performs related work as required.
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.
CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 12
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per day
DAYS: FROM - TO -