Senior Firewall and Network Sensor Administrator
When it comes to Cyber, GDIT is looking for people with enthusiasm, curiosity, and a thirst for knowledge. Are you the person with the passion, intellect, and skills to learn the procedures and tools to become a top performer? We are looking for people with a different kind of mind-set that includes strong intuition and the ability to think creatively and see the bigger picture while paying attention to the details. We are looking for people with the ability to learn new concepts and introduce new ideas that propel GDIT to the next level of cyber operational efficiency and help our customers reduce their exposure to cyber threats. We are looking for people with the ability to perform the procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
This position is a challenging and fast-paced position with hands on use of Palo Alto firewalls and network based sensors in a global intelligence enterprise.
We need people who can do all or most of these types of tasks:
1. Maintain, Configure and Troubleshoot Palo Alto Firewalls.
2. Troubleshoot Network based sensor systems.
3. Demonstrate and apply understanding of the following: 80/443 web content filters/proxies, email security capabilities, IDS, IPS, SIEM, DNS security practices, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities, Linux/UNIX command line, and access control lists.
4. Communicate with customers and teammates clearly and concisely.
5. Create programmatic documentation, standard operating procedures and granular process checklists.
6. Conduct special projects by request in support of defining and designing system architectures for new or existing CND systems.
7. Develop and test systems to ensure they meet documented user requirements.8. Identify, analyze, and resolve technical problems.
9. Provide peer training and technical guidance.
10. Maintain current knowledge of relevant CND technology.
#ZPost #DPost #CJPost
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
Palo Alto Firewall certification desired.
Position requires DOD8570 IAT-III and IASAE-II Certifications.
- 5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
- DoD 8570 IAT III and IASAE II certification required
- Requires TS/SCI - Must be willing to obtain and maintain CI Poly.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.