Aviation Boatswain's Mate Handler (ABH) Subject Matter Expert
7 days left
- Full Time
Provides military subject matter expertise to assigned programs. 1. Provides analytical and technical support to projects involving training, tactical/operational documentation, military systems design or other efforts requiring military operations expertise.2. Researches, identifies, and makes recommendations about resources required for task execution and completion.3. Gathers, processes, and analyzes operational data.4. Assists with the testing and development of new systems or updates to existing systems to meet client needs.5. Identifies and recommends emergent relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes.6. Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.8. Participates in special projects as required. The Aviation Boatswain’s Mate (ABH) Subject Matter Expert (SME) will be responsible for developing technically accurate training materials and ensuring the technical accuracy of materials developed by other team members. The SME will work as part of a team to perform all assigned tasks, using subject matter expertise to identify and communicate interrelationships of content and training courses; make recommendations to enhance the curriculum; point out elements in the content that may be overly difficult, overly-simplified, or confusing to the intended audience; determine length of time needed to teach content; identify valid references; interpret technical references for other developers; and develop test items and practical activities that accurately assess student performance. Education Bachelors Degree in a related technical or military discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience. Qualifications
- Requires 10 years minimum general experience as a ABH. Prefer Navy rank of E7 or higher.
- Requires experience as an instructor and/or curriculum developer.
- Excellent written communication skills are a requirement of employment.
- Candidate must be a US citizen with a qualifying background investigation (NACLC or higher) within the last 10 years to meet eligibility requirements for an IT Level II Common Access Card (CAC).
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Applicants outside of the Pensacola, FL area will telecommute and must meet the requirements of GDIT's telecommuting policy.