6 days left
- Full Time
Work as part of an operational team to ensure Penfed’s enterprise network is maintain properly by completing daily tasks, updating existing documentations or creating new documentations when requested.
Participate in the migration, basic configuration and deployment of new or upgraded hardware.
Participate in software upgrade as part of security advisories from vendors or enterprise-wise software upgrade.
Perform basic firewall configurations using CSM or ASDM, including updating access rules as part of problem resolution or creating simple object groups, access rules, and nat configuration as part of project deployment.
Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting network device configurations, firewall configurations and low level application interaction.
- Work closely with Technical Project Managers to ensure smooth and accurate rollout of DMVPN architecture to new and merger branches.
- Troubleshoot basic wireless issues across the Enterprise wireless network and if needed, work with network and security engineers to resolve identified issues.
- Participate in problem resolution and cause analysis with network engineers and senior network engineers.
- Assist security engineering team as remote hand when requested.
- Work with monitoring tools to produce KPI reports. Participate in an on-call rotation during both business and non-business hours. Work during non-production hours or weekend maintenance window to deploy enterprise or member affecting network changes. Deploy and document changes in accordance with problem and change management process. Run Ethernet cables neatly in service centers, call centers, datacenters and branches.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or a related field is required.
Minimum of three (3) years’ of experience in IT is required.
Knowledge with TCP/IP, MPLS, LAN, WAN, and VPN.
Knowledge of network cabling and standard optic types.
Experience with EIGRP, BGP, HSRP, IPSEC, iWAN, VRF, VLAN, VTP, DLSW, STP, Etherchannel and netflow a plus.
Experience with F5 load balancer a plus.
Experience working in a VMWare environment a plus.
Experience maintaining highly available and highly secure networks preferred.
Experience working with SNMP based monitoring tools.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.