Human Resources Specialist
- Full Time
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
- About the Position:
This is a developmental position with assignments/training directed toward providing incumbent the capability to perform the full scope ofGS-0201-13 Human Resources Specialist duties. Performs duties/assignments planned to develop the incumbent for progression to the target position. Incumbent is eligible for noncompetitive promotion upon qualification requirements and time-in-grade restrictions being met and satisfactorily demonstrating the ability to perform the full scope of duties at the full performance level.
- Management may choose to fill at either GS-12 or GS-13 grade level for this position.
- This position is with the HQDA, Office of The Deputy Chief of Staff, Office of The Assistant G-1 Civilian Employment Policy Division, Civilian Expedition Work Force Branch located at Ft. Belvoir, VA.
- This position is a TERM position not to exceed 30-Sep-2019. It is temporary and may be extended up to a maximum of six years.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Not Required
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience required GS-12: One year of specialized experience which includes providing a full range of civilian personnel guidance; developing policies/procedures pertaining to pertaining to personnel management functional areas; assisting in the staffing of the operation center; participating in working groups or teams.
Specialized Experience required GS-13: One year of specialized experience which includes providing a full range of civilian personnel guidance for a civilian personnel mobilization and deployment program; developing policies/procedures pertaining to civilian mobilization/deployment program; assisting in the staffing of the operation center; assisting in the development of civilian personnel, mobilization automation support; participating in working groups or teams.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- HR Information Systems Application
- Personnel and Human Resources
- Technical Competence
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 10 position.
- This position requires a Secret security clearance.
- Serve as a Human Resources Specialist responsible for providing functional and technical expertise to the development and execution of the Army-wide civilian personnel mobilization and deployment program.
- Develop, recommend, and advise on the implementation of policies and procedures to support the integration of civilian employees into the total Army force during contingency operations and other emergencies.
- Plan, participate in and study the results of civilian mobilization exercises and simulations.
- Assist in the development of civilian personnel, mobilization, and automation support.
- Make presentations to and/or participates in discussions or negotiations with legal, personnel, and subject matter experts, senior military and civilian executives, and mobilization planners.
- Assist in the development of civilian personnel, mobilization automation support.
- Analyze, develop, justify, and defend POM input for project resources.