Motor Vehicle Operator
1 day left
- Full Time
This position is located in the Office of the NPS Liaison to the White House. Please visit find a park for additional park information.
This is a Career/Career-Conditional work schedule appointment.
Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. All travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected employee.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
To qualify for this position, you must have sufficient knowledge and ability in the following job-related factors:
- Ability to do the work of a Motor Vehicle Operator WG-5703-07/08, without more than normal supervision. (SCREEN OUT)
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no substitution of education for experience for Wage Grade (WG) positions.
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- You will be required to submit to a drug test and receive a negative drug test result prior to appointment. In addition, this position is subject to random testing for illegal drug use.
- You must possess and maintain a current Class A, (or higher) Commercial Driver's License
- You may be required to complete training and operate a four-wheel drive vehicle.
- You will be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and shift work.
- If you are a new employee or supervisor in the Federal government, you will be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
- You may be required to travel overnight away from home up to 3 nights per year. You must obtain a government charge card for travel purposes.
- Government Charge Card: You may be required to complete training and obtain/maintain a government charge card with travel and/or purchase authority.
- Operate and perform operator maintenance on straight-in-line trucks which typically have an approximate gross vehicle weight up to 33,000 pounds
- Couples and Uncouple's the truck tractor and semi-trailer or truck and trailer, and connect and disconnect the air brakes and electrical lines
- Maneuver any vehicle they operate with close tolerances when driving and backing
- Operate and perform operator maintenance on electric, gasoline, or diesel powered fork lift trucks which are capable of lifting loads up to 10,000 pounds
- Occasionally sweeps, dry mops, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors, using brooms, mops, light and heavyweight (industrial) powered scrubbers and buffers