Senior Audit Manager
Join with the Inspector General to help make America's railroad operate more efficiently and effectively. We are seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference. By conducting or supporting independent, objective audits and investigations of the programs and operations of the National Passenger Railroad Corporation (Amtrak), you could directly contribute to our mission of providing independent, objective oversight of Amtrak's programs and operations; preventing and detecting fraud, waste, and abuse; and providing Congress, Amtrak management, and Amtrak's Board of Directors with timely analysis about Amtrak's programs and operations. Join us as we continue to build a model OIG centered on independence, teamwork, diversity, work-life balance, and value-added oversight. Next stop?the Amtrak Office of Inspector General!
The Senior Audit Manager is responsible for day-to-day oversight to include technical, and administrative direction of a multi-disciplined staff conducting performance and financial audits in compliance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS). These audits address the effectiveness and efficiency of Amtrak's programs and operations, and report recommendations for improvements to those programs and operations. Generally, the Senior Audit Manager will lead 1 - 2 audit teams at any given time.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
- You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
- Must have at least 7 or more years of relevant experience that included conducting performance audits/analyses of programs and operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries to reach mutual goals
- Able to maintain composure in stressful situations and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proficiency in using data analysis and computer based tools including Microsoft Office Suite and similar products.
- Experience using TeamMate or similar audit working paper management systems.
- Advanced understanding and ability to apply GAGAS and other audit policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills or prior supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, or other field, or equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- An advanced degree from an accredited university (in an appropriate discipline).
- Familiarity with the federal accountability community (e.g., OIG, GAO).
- Familiarity with passenger rail operations and/or transportation operations.
- Professional certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE).
- Familiarity with Audit Command Language (ACL).
- Provides management, oversight and leadership to the audit teams to keep complex audits on track and ensure quality work. Provides leadership in audit matters as well as administrative areas.
- Develops audit guides that address the audit objectives and provides a clear path for developing convincing findings and actionable recommendations.
- Supervises the collection and analysis of all data; ensures that evidence collected is sufficient, relevant, and properly documented in the project work papers and complies with GAGAS and Amtrak OIG's policies and procedures.
- Develops well supported audit reports that recommend process improvement and/or financial benefits.
- Produces final products, such as briefings, message meetings documents, reports, testimonies, and/or fact sheets; and ensures all products are clear, convincing, and accurate.
- Keeps OIG management informed of the audit progress and potentially controversial matters.
- Provides effective supervision and leadership including: (1) identifying and resolving problems that could impact audit objectives; (2) establishing priorities and adjusting schedules to accomplish the work as timely as possible; and (3) effectively utilizing resources.
- Leads and provides on-the-job training to a diverse multi-disciplined staff of professional auditors and analysts.
- Develops highly productive working relationships with internal and external parties, fosters teamwork, collaboration and coordination. Understands the relationship of the organization with the OIG and develops meaningful relationships with other parts of the OIG.
- Provides direction and focus to align audit work to accomplish the Inspector General's strategic goals by supervising complex audits, ensuring soundness and integrity of audit work, and the effective use of assigned staff.
- Provides context to subordinates in terms of Amtrak and IG strategic plans and objectives.
- Develops audit proposals in concert with the OIG strategic plan.