IT Specialist ((INFOSEC) (PLCYPLN))
- Full Time
This position is located in the Department of the Treasury, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Enterprise Business Solutions, Digital Services Team. The goal of the IT Specialist/Digital Services Expert is to work with a diverse group of stakeholders across the federal government to improve the complex digital services the government delivers to citizens and businesses. The incumbent will improve Treasury digital services through quantitative and qualitative application of user needs assessment.
- Not Required
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-14, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Experience with relational database management systems such as; Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or above;
- Experience with server operating systems such as; MS Windows Servers and MS SQL Server Suite of applications;
- Development using Microsoft SQL Analysis, Reporting, and Integration Services solutions Assisting and training report consumers regarding human resource and financial data sets;
- Familiarity with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) development and processing;
- Developing custom reports using Report Builder and common development tools for the Microsoft development stack; such as Visual Studio;
- Designing, developing, and migrating data warehouse components to cloud/virtual models such as Amazon Web Service (AWS) and Microsoft Azure;
- Interfacing with stakeholders and clients on a daily basis, conducting technical walkthroughs for report writers clearly and concisely;
- Developing methodologies/frameworks for providing consistent and repeatable security architecture; AND
- Introducing, assessing, and recommending new software technologies and technical standards that align with the organizational strategic plan for modernization and automation of financial management and human capital data warehouse, content management, or financial management solutions.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-15. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position
- Serve as a subject matter expert on high level information technology issues related to security for personally identifiable information.Collaboratively develops and tests the success of government-wide standards for digital services, addressing needed milestones, leading to their adoption across citizen and businesses facing government services. Identify, develop, and build support and tools (technical and policy) for implementing a common user experience and brand across government digital services. Identify strategy to bring skills to deliver needed digital services into the government. Iteratively develop and refine the program strategy, based on interaction with other agencies, key stakeholders, and expertise. Keep abreast of web analytics and digital developments in the wider market and shares knowledge within the organization. The incumbent incorporates agile development methodologies and open source practices into government product delivery. Plan and lead efforts to address issues with digital services where precedents do not exist and that require the development of new concepts and approaches to determine the acceptability of these new services. Support Treasury's Digital Services initiative and compliance with associated government policies and directives.
- Use Digital Analytics (qualitative and quantitative measurements of website's data, in order to improve the customer experience) in a secure manner across component areas. Conduct sophisticated user research using quantitative and qualitative methods. Present findings and leads programmatic and technical decision making based on this analysis with senior level officials in EOP and agency leadership. Work with industry experts to establish common analytics across federal agencies on how well agencies serve their customers through design of complex business processes focusing on user needs and leads development of services based on redesign.