Management Analyst, CG-343-12/13
1 day left
- Full Time
This position is located in the Legal Division, Supervision and Legislation Branch, Legislation, Regulations, and Bank Activities Section, Assessments and Legislation Unit, Washington DC, of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and provides support in administering the Corporation's Paperwork Reduction Act Program and other programs relating to the development and review of the Corporation's rules and regulations.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
- Not Required
- Relocation Expenses May Be Authorized.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the Private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here click here.
In order to qualify for the CG-12, applicants must have at least one-year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade 11 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience assisting in the development and renewal of information collections pursuant to the Paperwork Reduction Act, or experience assisting with collecting, analyzing and evaluating data relating to the development or review of rules and regulations.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 80 "well qualified" for this position. For more information, click here.
Moderate Risk Position - Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Assists in developing information collection requirements by recommending collection methodologies, providing guidance in the calculation of the amount of paperwork burden and costs in imposing the collections, preparing the required supporting statement and other documents required for submission to Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review, ensuring the required documents are submitted to OMB for review and clearance, and providing liaison between the collection's sponsor and OMB in order to clarify requirements and facilitate obtaining clearance.
- Reviews all regulations prior to action by the Board of Directors for compliance with the Administrative Procedure Act regarding publishing agency regulations for public comment or adoption, and the Corporation's policy on developing and improving regulations.
- Maintains contact with offices developing regulations to ensure that all regulations meet the Corporation's policy concerning developing regulations that are of high quality and that impose minimum public burden while achieving legislative and Corporation goals in an effective and efficient manner.
- Prepares Federal Register notices, as required by OMB, regarding the submission of information collection for clearance.
- Initiates action to renew OMB clearances that are nearing expiration in sufficient time to maintain the continuity of the clearances.
-Assists in the development of regulations, directives and policies, as needed, to administer the, Corporation's Paperwork-Reduction Control Program.