Summer 2018 2L Student Honors Legal Program
*THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED AND WILL NOW CLOSE AT 11:59PM ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2017*
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is looking for the best and brightest to volunteer alongside our team. Our mission includes advocating for investors who seek to secure a future for their family, providing guidance and regulations for the nation's securities industry in an increasingly global market, and taking action with an eye toward promoting the capital formation necessary to sustain economic growth.
Do you want to perform challenging work in a professional environment? Begin by investing in your career and future at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)!
The SEC is seeking bright, innovative, results-oriented individuals for its Summer 2018 Student Honors Legal Program in our Washington, DC Home and Regional Offices. We offer law students robust responsibilities and experiences that enhance their legal careers. Over the course of the ten week program, students work with Commission staff on projects particular to the specific Division or Office to which they are assigned. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in seminars/workshops; roundtable discussions, a mentoring program, and tours that will provide detailed information and guidance on securities laws.
The Summer 2018 Student Honors Legal Program for law students will officially begin May 21, 2018 and conclude July 27, 2018.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
1. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in you not being considered for this position.
2. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
3. Qualified applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and submit a complete application package are forwarded for consideration to the locations to which they have applied. Representatives from the locations may contact candidates directly for interviews.
4. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Invitations to participate in the program is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of invitation or selection to another opportunity.
- Applicants MUST be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be enrolled in an accredited US law school program as a 2L law student
- Must be enrolled at least half-time (8 credits or the equivalent)
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
- Relatives of current SEC employees are ineligible
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the Assessment Questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this opportunity. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the hiring committee for each location selected for volunteer internship opportunities.