Compliance and Enforcement Officer (Depository Institutions)
2 days left
- Full Time
The Compliance and Enforcement Officer (Depository Institutions) serves as key advisor on the formulation, planning, development, and implementation of compliance and enforcement strategies related to Depository Institutions.
Become part of the team that safeguards the financial system from the abuses of financial crime. At the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), we are at the forefront in preventing and detecting terrorist financing, money laundering, and other financial crime. Serve at the nation's financial intelligence unit and protect the United States financial system from criminals and terrorist financiers.
- Occasional Travel
- 1 to 5 nights per month
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-14, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes experience at the GS-13 level, or equivalent, that is directly related to the position, as listed below that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position:
- Experience with the Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering laws, or other laws related to financial crimes sufficient to conduct investigations, collect evidence and assess compliance by financial institutions and recommend appropriate civil, criminal or administrative action.
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
Security Clearance: This position has been designated national security Level IV, Special Sensitive. Applicants must possess a favorably adjudicated Tier 5 level background investigation and have been awarded a Top Secret (TS) clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination. Continued employment with FinCEN is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the Tier 5 level background investigation, the results of which fully meet the FinCEN's special employment criteria. All employees are subject to satisfactory completion of periodic reinvestigation and a continuing life style in conformity with applicable national and FinCEN directives. Any unfavorable information developed during an investigation or other official inquiry may result in termination of employment in accordance with established security policies and procedures.
As a Compliance and Enforcement Officer (Depository Institutions), you will:
- Develop and implement intelligence-driven targeting and investigative plans; Apply facts to law, assess the strength of evidence, and determine the appropriate use of FinCEN authorities; and work the more difficult projects, often requiring providing direction to less senior staff members.
- Manage projects and sets objectives.
- Work directly with line employees in the drafting and editing of FinCEN enforcement actions and supporting memoranda.
- Develop materials to assess the progress of accomplishing goals.