Business & Marketing Automation Manager
Business & Marketing Automation Manager
Office of Marketing
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full-Time, Pay Grade 3.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Business & Marketing Automation Manager, in the Office of Marketing. This role will report to the AVP of Student Re-Marketing and Acquisition, the Business & Marketing Automation Manager serves as a member of the university's new student acquisition and re-enrollment marketing team.
The primary objective of this position is to investigate, analyze and document system data and properties that enable the automation of communication across multiple channels. Structure and implement marketing tests to drive optimization (e.g., test creative, copy, audience segments, triggers, etc.). Assist the team with creating and updating student journeys.
The Business & Marketing Automation Manager will be responsible for analyzing, managing and implementing automated communications, for cloud-base marketing automation platform and serve as the back-up to the Assistant Director.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Validate and verify all requirements, making sure they map to the business need being addressed, are approved by the appropriate stakeholders and meet relevant quality standards for completeness and relevance.
- Design and document complex, personalized and automated student communication campaigns in the marketing automation tool.
- Test and analyze new approaches for communications and implement improvements.
- Deploy, monitor and measure student communication campaigns in the marketing automation tool
- Own the capturing, analyzing, synthesizing, assessing, documenting, and verifying of business requirements, processes and workflows
- Identify data sources, triggers, events, alerts, attributes, etc., in multiple systems, including Salesforce and Peoplesoft, that create opportunities for relevant communications with customers
- Make recommendations and present findings to senior leadership at UMUC
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least five (5) years of total experience; minimum two (2) years in a marketing organization executing and/or measuring campaigns
- At least two (2) years of experience working with a CRM (preferably Salesforce.com), specifying new fields, building forms, auditing lead flow and executing nurture campaigns
- At least three (3) years of experience developing reports to highlight strengths and weaknesses of campaigns/initiatives. Significant strength with Excel
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to identify actionable insights
- Experience and comfort leading initiatives and driving success
- Experience executing email campaigns
- A natural problem solver who is curious and ambitious
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.