Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking a Senior Biostatistician with strong analytic and project management skills to support our public health research work. This position can be located in our Rockville, MD; Durham, NC; or Atlanta, GA office.
- Design, implement or direct data analyses from a variety of epidemiologic study designs including case-control, prospective and retrospective cohort, and case-cohort studies. Analytic methods may include logistic and Poisson regression, longitudinal analysis, mixed effects models, survival analysis and other statistical methods including sampling, splines and bootstraps, as well as understand the complexities of working with high dimension data.
- Provide technical guidance and oversee the work of mid - and - senior-level analysts, data management staff and statistical programmers.
- Work directly with senior scientists in the government to define analytic goals and objectives, develop analytic datasets, execute analyses, and develop manuscripts and presentations.
- A Ph.D. in biostatistics or a related quantitative discipline
- At least 10 years of post-doctoral experience
Candidates must have strong interpersonal, project management and empirical skills as well as experience applying these skills in their project work. Experience with multiple statistical programs is essential, such as SAS and R. Experience with high dimension GWAS data is a plus. Ability to work in a team environment and excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k, Health, Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional development as well as other benefits.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.