Corporate Strategy Specialist
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17135.Strategy and Planning
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 10%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 7 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
This position will play an integral role as part of the Corporate Strategy team leading various projects across region / competitive analysis, adjacent growth opportunities, and strategic planning. The Corporate Strategy team supports various business units and leads numerous efforts across the organization focusing on, but not limited to, Market Intelligence, Pricing Strategy, Corporate Growth & Development, and Strategic Planning. As an individual contributor, part of the Corporate Strategy team, you will assist Management to formulate, develop, and communicate Intelsat's Corporate Strategy across the organization. You will lead/support major work streams to help the company solve business challenges, create value, facilitate transformative growth and monitor business performance. This position is a key internal thought leader for the organization, with an advanced level of executive support, and influence extending across the company. You will support the continued development of our Growth Portfolio and the Strategy Map to support the company's expansion goals.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- Bachelor's Degree (an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of the stated minimum education and experience requirements), MBA preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of analytical work experience in a corporate environment or consulting.
- Relevant experience in telecom, media or technology industry.
- Proven record of establishing strategic positioning, including business fit and risk vs. return analysis.
- Demonstrated quantitative analytical expertise.
- Effective written and oral communication skills; and ability to create presentation and deliver to all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen to make sound decisions/ recommendations.
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively in a team environment and handle several multiple complex projects.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Advanced financial modeling skills and ability and willingness mentor capability within team.
The following additional knowledge, skills and abilities are considered a plus:
- Experience with data tools (Tableau, Qlik etc.,) a plus.
- Build business cases in support of key decisions and growth opportunities. (Business cases include market research and assessment, risk assessment, financial appraisal and sensitivity analysis, cost-benefit analysis, core competency analysis and go-to-market recommendations).
- Contribute to the larger market intelligence process and provide advice on current market trends that impact the business, in order to competitively define development and expansion goals
- Contribute to the annual FSS forecast identifying key trends, applications, competitive positioning, and regional analyses
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on core strategic issues and generate creative, action-oriented insights and recommendations
- Provide regular updates to management on key trends impacting the business and the ecosystem
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, finance etc. in developing, go-to-market strategy business plans around new product and service offerings
- Lead cross functional corporate strategy initiatives and projects including third party consultants and align resources with established priorities to achieve business objectives and ensure stakeholders are consulted and informed throughout the process
- Provide business intelligence inputs to the development of business forecasts and investment plans
- Develop domain expertise in various sectors supporting our growth in the industry.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.