Airport Police Officer- Virginia-Certified Laterals Only
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
The dynamic Aviation industry is seeking a seasoned professional!
Join our Team!
Airport Police Officer (Virginia-Certified Laterals Only)
P10 - $54,555 to $90,017
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) and Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), MA-310T
August 8, 2017
August 22, 2017
Why Choose the Airports Authority?
To review benefits information, please click here.
To review the description of duties, please click here.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet both of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure:
1. A high school diploma, a Certificate of General Educational Development (GED), or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
2. Be a citizen of the United States of America.
3. Be at least 20 years and 6 months old.
4. Possess a valid driver’s license.
5. Be able to obtain certification in firearms proficiency.
6. Be able to successfully complete a background investigation which includes a full employment history check, a credit check, a criminal history records check, and a driving records check.
7. Be able to pass a comprehensive medical examination including drug screening and a vision standard.
8. Be able to successfully pass a physical ability examination (PAT), a psychological examination, and a polygraph examination.
9. Possession of current certification as a Law Enforcement Officer by the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services, OR possession of certification as a Law Enforcement Officer by the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services that is expired for less than twenty-four months.
10. Must have uncorrected vision not worse than 20/100 unless wearing soft contact lenses. Vision must be correctable to 20/20. Must be able to identify colors.
11. Must have current certification as a VCIN Operator or ability to obtain or recertify VCIN Operator certification within thirty days of Date of Hire.
The qualifications listed below are preferred and may be considered in the selection process, but they are not required to be rated qualified for this job:
1. An Associate’s Degree in Police Science, Criminal Justice, Administration of Justice, or a related field.
Applicants need to request an Employment in Training (ENT) transcript, which will provide them with a list of their current and former agencies within the state of Virginia and their current status. The applicant will also need to add their full name and SSN to the email. Once received, please upload the ENT document to your application package for consideration.
DCJS email –
I. Physical Ability Test (PAT)
All candidates will be required to participate in and pass a timed physical ability test prior to either the written exam or oral interview. There are four components to the physical ability test:
(A) Push Ups
(B) Sit Ups
(C) 1.5 Mile Run
(D) Obstacle Course
1. The candidate will start in a seated position, wearing a (approx.) twenty (20) pound weighted vest and belt. While seated, the candidate will be given a brief lookout. (4 descriptors).
2. A start signal will be given (verbal command “go”) and the clock will start – the candidate will stand and sprint seventy-five (75) yards.
3. The candidate will then navigate a thirty-seven (37) inch wall by going over it, not around it. Once the candidate navigates the wall, they will sprint ten (10) yards and navigate two, six (6) inch high obstacles, set five (5) yards apart.
4. The candidate will then run fifteen (15) yards, and drag a one-hundred and sixty (160) pound dummy fifteen (15) yards.
5. The course will finish by running twenty-five (25) yards and repeating the lookout given at the beginning to the evaluator (must recall 3 of 4). Once the candidate recites the lookout, the clock will stop.
Applicants must score a minimum or twenty (20) points to pass and continue in the hiring process. Applicants scoring a zero (0) in any category or nineteen (19) or fewer points will not continue in the hiring process. The scoring matrix is listed below:
1.5 Mile Run
Instructions on how to register for the physical ability test will be emailed to candidates after the announcement closes.
II. National Police Officer Selection Test (POST)
All applicants will be given the opportunity to take the National Police Officer Selection Test. The National Police Officer Selection Test will test four primary cognitive skills critical to successfully learning and performing the police officer’s job. This test, along with other factors, such as completeness of your application form, an oral interview, complete background investigation, and a medical evaluation, will assist us in assessing your ability to successfully perform the work required for this position. The passing score for the examination is 70%.
Those who pass the test will be scheduled for a structured oral interview at a later date and are subject to a thorough background investigation including a full employment history check, a credit check, a criminal history records check, and a driving records check. The pre-employment screening process will also include a rigorous physical examination, drug test, psychological evaluation and polygraph examination.
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at www.mwaa.com to apply for this position and learn more about the benefits that we offer.
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates must complete an employment application to be considered. If you have previously applied for Authority positions, you must update your existing application.