SCIF Security Specialist I
The Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) is currently recruiting for a junior level Security professional to join our Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) team. The SCIF Security Specialist position will have the unique role of supporting various facets of the security function in order to aid IDA’s compliance with DoD and other government agencies Security directives, instructions and SCIF security regulations. Successful candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and the ability to work well with others. In this role, the incumbent will get the opportunity to work on new challenges daily, learn and support different areas of Security (Info Security, Personnel, and Physical) and work with a wide range of internal and external staff. Strong computer skills is also a must. This individual will be utilizing Microsoft Office, Adobe Pro and Security specific databases to enter, extract and track information, in addition to drafting SOP's, training's and other work related documents.
Following direction or procedures, executes aspects of security:
- Monitors physical security including alarms, entry and exit logging, facilities checklists, compliance with SCIF requirements for accreditation.
- Implements personnel security measures, including ensuring all visitors and staff located in the SCIF have proper clearances. Responsibilities include receiving and passing clearances from/to non-IDA SCIF facilities, and maintaining accurate listings of SCI cleared staff using JPAS and other similar systems.
- Security operations:
- Assists with loss and security violation investigations; may recommend corrective actions.
Implements IDA processes in order to comply with DOD and other government Security Directives and Instructions, and SCIF security regulations
- Works with SCIF Supervisor to maintain and track IDA SCIF/SAP certifications and accreditations.
- Maintains awareness of DCID 6/9 and ICD 705 criteria and alert SCIF Supervisor of changes that may impact IDA SCIF facilities accreditation.
- Under direction of SCIF Supervisor, maintains appropriate documentation as required by DIA and other US Government agencies
- Under direction of SCIF Manager, may provide support to IDA Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) or Officer (ISSO) staff to ensure that all classified information technology systems within the SCIF are accredited, maintained and disestablished as needed.
Protects and tracks COMSEC materials and equipment.
- In accordance with NSA/CSS Policy Manual 3-16, ensures proper safeguarding, accounting, and inventories on COMSEC materials. Limits access of such materials to proper individuals based on clearance and need to know.
- Assists with the proper distribution, destruction, and accountability all COMSEC material.
- Assist in conducting annual COMSEC training to ensure all personnel handling COMSEC material are familiar with and adhere to proper COMSEC procedures.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Associate’s degree and four years’ experience with physical, personnel, and communications security in a government or DoD contractor facility or two years working in a SCIF; OR six years’ experience with physical, personnel, and communications security in a government or DoD contractor facility or two years working in a SCIF.
- Knowledge of DoD security regulations and policies, if preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Pro..
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to exercise discretion.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and deal with all levels of staff, management and senior Government officials.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD government clearance; Top Secret-SCI preferred.