DIRECTOR FOR POLICY/PROJECTS
The Director for Policy/Projects is a member of BENS’ small policy team, reporting to BENS’ Senior Vice President for Policy/Projects.
The Director for Policy is responsible for developing and managing national security-related projects, normally in partnership with one or more federal agencies and/or congressional committees in the national security arena. BENS work focuses upon developing business based solutions. The position requires building relationships, building teams and producing results. The incumbent takes the lead on some projects and supports staff colleagues on others. Engaging the organization’s members in each effort, drawing upon their expertise, interests, and experience, is a primary part of the incumbent’s responsibilities.
- Four to seven years professional experience in the public or private sector, including project management experience
- Advanced communication skills (oral and written)
- Comfortable working with high level officials and business executives
- Experience running (and letting others run) working meetings
- Strong interest in national security, homeland security, defense, diplomatic, development, budget, contracting, and/or other U.S. government organization and processes
- Working experience with the nuts and bolts of public private partnerships, strategic planning, resource planning, and organizational design
- Master’s degree in relevant field of work highly desired
- Flexibility to travel (travel not extensive; only periodic)
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and writing sample to Mara Rudman (firstname.lastname@example.org).