Head of Program Magagement Office
STScI is seeking an experienced program management leader to serve as the Head of our Program Management Office (PMO). As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Head of PMO will be charged with:
• Standardizing project-related governance processes;
• Facilitating the sharing of resources, methodologies, tools, and techniques across STScI including the planning of common tools and information systems for programmatic support;
• Defining and maintaining standards for portfolio, program, and project management;
• Providing guidance, documentation and metrics for successful program execution;
• Directing scheduling, configuration management, and quality assurance activities to support successful performance of our contracts;
• Overseeing development of contract and schedules;
• Ensuring independent review, analysis, and assessment of project performance with respect to organizational priorities;
• Directing and supervising the staff in the Program Management Office.
Requirements Applicants should have an advanced degree in Program Management, Engineering or a related field and 12+ years’ of experience of program leadership in a scientific or technical environment. PMP certification strongly preferred. Substitution of additional relevant education or experience for the stated qualifications may be considered.
The successful candidate should possess:
• Strong organizational management skills;
• Program management support experience strongly preferred;
• Thorough knowledge of project and organizational management practices;
• Ability to organize, analyze, interpret, and evaluate data to prevent and resolve management and project problems;
• Ability to autonomously perform a wide variety of coordinating, planning and technical duties requiring initiative, negotiation, independent judgment, creativity, and technical knowledge;
• Familiarity with general program management tools and software packages;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, and other outside groups;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Candidates must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident. ITAR clearance is required.
STScI offers an excellent benefits package, tuition reimbursement, competitive salaries, and a stimulating work environment.
Interested candidates are requested to complete an on-line application through our website at http://www.stsci.edu/jobs. Please include job #17-0155 in the filename. Applications received by August 21, 2017 will receive full consideration.
AURA, as a leader in the astronomical community, is committed to diversity and inclusion. AURA develops and supports programs that advance our organizational commitment to diversity, broaden participation, and encourage the advancement of diversity throughout the astronomical scientific workforce. Learn more at http://www.aura-astronomy.org/diversity.asp.
As a recipient of U.S. Government funding, AURA is considered a government contractor and is subject to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, AURA and all of the centers, do not discriminate based on race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender identity expression, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, disability, and/or any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws. The statements below as well as the requests for self-identification are required pursuant to these regulations. We encourage your participation in meeting these federal reporting requirements which are included for protection and to assist us in our record keeping and reporting. Your responses are kept strictly confidential.
STScI sees the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in our desire to create a first-rate scientific community. We reflect that deep commitment in strongly encouraging women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities.
Veterans, disabled individuals or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Voted to the Baltimore Magazine Hall of Fame in 2015 – Top 25 Places to Work in Baltimore.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)