Psychiatrist - Child/Adolscent - Part-Time
The mission of The Foundation Schools is to provide a highly specialized educational and therapeutic program for students with emotional and other disabilities and social emotional and learning challenges, preparing them to be productive and successful in their future academic and career paths. We are seeking a part-time Psychiatrist for our Largo High School for the 2017-2018 school year to provide our students with the tools and guidance they need to be successful.
For over 40 years, The Foundation Schools’ mix of academic support and therapeutic services has given our students a chance to reach their full potential. The Foundation Schools is currently approved by the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia to provide services to students who have not been successful in their home school’s environment. The Foundation Schools has schools in Gaithersburg and Largo, Maryland that serve over 200 students in grades K-12.
Our Core Values’ provide a strong foundation for our programs, are integrated into our positive behavior intervention system, drive our actions and guide our staff and students daily to TWIRL (Teamwork, Work Ethic, Integrity, Respect, and Leadership). We offer a supportive working environment with small class sizes and excellent resources.
This is a 15 hour per week position; the days are flexible, but our psychiatrists generally work on site two days each week. Psychiatrists provide coverage during our regular and extended school year programs (late August – late July).
Our Largo school serves students with serious emotional disabilities from Prince George’s county, the District of Columbia and other neighboring counties. The primary functions of our school psychiatrists are to support our staff and the students by:
- Conducting psychiatric evaluations regarding diagnosis and symptoms. Clarifying information that is included in student’s chart or file for our staff.
- Performing medication consultation and management to initiate medication trial or to evaluate the medication prescribed by outside providers. Coordinating treatment with outside providers, prescribing and distributing medication to students and overseeing effectiveness of treatment.
- Assisting with clinical crisis assessment of student’s safety during a crisis. Helping determine the risks of suicide, homicide or other threats.
- Conducting assessment of a student for possible hospitalization or emergency petitions.
- Consulting and collaborating with the Clinical Director, Therapists and Teachers regarding treatment plans and classroom performance. Conduct class observations of student behavior and participate in meetings with families regarding treatment.
- Completing other appropriate tasks in regards to psychiatric needs.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with students with emotional disabilities and/or in a special education school setting and must be able to practice in Maryland. The salary is commensurate with experience; we will discuss specific salary requirement with candidates who have completed the review process.
Apply for Psychiatrist - Child/Adolscent - Part-Time
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly