After School Program Coordinator (Part-Time)
This is a contract position with no benefits.
Plan, coordinate and implement daily after-school educational activities (i.e. Homework Club). Coordinate and serve healthy snacks for daily scheduled programs and special events. Supervise program volunteers. Maintain documentation of program participation. Assist with administration of program assessment tools to evaluate program effectiveness and facilitate change if program needs to improve. Accompany other programming staff and/or other HOC affiliates on program incentive trips. Assess and develop effective approaches to addressing social and/or behavioral issues presented during the course of program activities. Refer households to relevant HOC staff to address issues presented. Maintain the required documentation per programming guidelines and policies. Hours are Monday to Friday, 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (approximately 20 to 30 hours per week). Ability to work some late evenings and weekends is desirable. Will only work on days MCPS is open.
- Requires an AA degree in related field, prefer Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Teaching or related field
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with children in a structured or classroom setting
- Must possess excellent assessment, oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work independently, meet deadlines and exercise good judgment
- Must have good computer skills (Word & Excel)
- Must have working knowledge of community resources
- Must have good driving record and ability to drive a 15 passenger van.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Low income residents in Montgomery County with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
HOC conducts criminal background checks, employment reference checks, and where applicable, reviews driving records in determining suitability for employment. Selected applicants will be required to submit to pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. Employment is contingent upon drug and alcohol test results.
Eligible Applicants: Unlimited
Salary: $20.00 Per Hour
Driver’s License: Driver’s License required
Posting Date: August 7, 2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume or application to the Human Resources Office. Please reference the Position Title & Job Location on your resume and/or cover letter when applying for this position.
HOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for After School Program Coordinator (Part-Time)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly