The American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ABMGG) is the certifying board that serves the public and the medical profession by promoting and assuring standards of excellence in medical genetics and genomics. ABMGG is seeking a forward thinking, independent and energetic candidate to join our small, but amazing team as program coordinator. This person will report to the Chief Administrative Officer and coordinate program components in exams, data and accreditation. This unique position will combine program support and coordination with project based work to enhance the team’s varying needs.
The program coordinator will act as the project lead for organization of activities involving assessment and examination support, as well as organizational support in the area of training program accreditation. In early 2018, this position will transition to supporting and coordinating the organization’s maintenance of certification (MOC) activities with the Manager, MOC and Special Projects. He/she will work independently on specific projects, but in collaboration with all departments of the organization. Attention to detail, data analytics, ability to manage multiple priorities, time management and organization skills as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are priority skills.
This position will require business travel approximately 2-3 times per year.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years’ work experience, or a combination of education and relevant work experience are required. Good editing skills, organizational aptitude, office-work experience and preference for a small office are a plus.
- Excellence in the areas of organization, attention to detail, and time management
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong data management and analysis skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products; strong Excel skills are preferred
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a small office
- Able to adapt to change and work professionally under pressure
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Discreet and able to maintain highly confidential information
- Work effectively with medical professionals
The ABMGG offers a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package, including:
- Medical and dental coverage with low employee premium cost and no cost vision plan
- 401(k) Plan with generous matching contribution
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Business-casual work environment
- Generous vacation and sick policies
For consideration, candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements, via email to ABMGG at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 12:00a.m. ET, August 20; applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.