ABMGG is seeking a forward thinking, independent and energetic candidate to join our small, but amazing team as an Administrative Assistant. This person will provide general administrative support to the office, reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer. This unique position will combine administrative support with project based work to enhance the team’s varying needs.
The Administrative Assistant will act as the initial face of the organization in answering phone and email inquiries. He/she will work independently on projects, but in collaboration with all departments of the organization. Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment are a priority.
The American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ABMGG) is the certifying board that serves the public and the medical profession by promoting and assuring standards of excellence in medical genetics and genomics.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree recommended with at least 1 years’ office-work experience, or a combination of education and relevant work experience. Prior office-work experience or preference for a small office is a plus.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellence in the areas of organization, attention to detail, and time management.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a small office.
- Able to adapt to change and work professionally under pressure
- Maintain professional and positive demeanor, with tact and discretion
- Discreet and able to maintain highly confidential information.
- Work effectively with medical professionals
The ABMGG offers a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package, including:
- Medical and dental coverage with low employee premium cost and no cost vision plan
- 401(k) Plan with generous matching contribution
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Business-casual work environment
- Generous vacation and sick policies
- For consideration, candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter including salary requirements via email to ABMGG at ABMGG@abmgg.org. Applications will be accepted until 12:00a.m. ET, August 20; applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.