Accountant II, Third Party
Office of Student Accounts
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 1.3
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Accountant II within the Third Party unit in the Office of Student Accounts (OSA). Under the supervision of the Director, Third Party Operations, the Accountant II will perform complex job duties, to include auditing, account reconciliations and accounting data collection, reporting findings to Third Party management. The Accountant II will assist in regular auditing of Third Party accounting transactions to ensure the unit is in compliance with UMUC, State, and Federal policies and meeting acceptable accounting and internal quality standards. In addition, the Accountant II will handle duties which focus on quality assurance and quality control for Third Party accounting transactions. The Accountant II will also assist with training and coaching new Office of Student Accounts and Service Center employees as needed.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Perform regular and detailed auditing of all Third Party transactions to promptly catch posting errors and identify needs for process changes or employee training.
- Assist the Third Party management team in ensuring business processes are in compliance with UMUC, State, and Federal policies, and are recorded consistent with acceptable accounting standards.
- Support the initiative to maintain uniform and current standard operating procedures (SOP) for the Third Party unit.
- Regularly review policies and procedures with Third Party management team to assist with ongoing process improvement initiatives.
- Assist with providing Third Party-related training to new Office of Student Accounts, and Service Center employees as needed.
- Provide backup support to the Third Party management team to include preparing reports, reconciling accounts, compiling data and monitoring assigned SalesForce queues.
- Support the Third Party management team with the establishment and maintenance of performance standards and provide related reporting to the management team for analysis.
- Assist with providing world-class customer service to students, third party sponsors, and external offices as needed.
- Provide general research for Third Party-related projects and escalations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems or related field, plus two (2) years of related experience. Strong, concise written and oral communication skills necessary; strong analytical skills; must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, multi-task and work independently; ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and third parties.
Knowledge of best practices, principles, theories, techniques, and methodology in the field as well as all relevant federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and programs/policies for meeting compliance. Demonstrated customer service skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers. Ability to participate in the development of policies and procedures for the unit, to clearly communicate results of work both orally and in writing to clients and management, to cooperate and work with others in order to strengthen and cultivate relationships, to carry out multiple assignments and plan accordingly in order to meet scheduled deadlines, to effectively implement analytical and organizational skills in order to carry out and follow through with complex assignments for which no clear precedents exist.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.