HR Business Partner
SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for a HR Business Partner to join the Human Resources team in our Washington, DC office. Our HR Manager will be a collaborative problem-solver with curiosity, initiative, grit, and determination to learn and add value to our business and our HR team. You'll partner with the Director of HR (DC) and Chicago counterparts to accomplish important work for our company - manage employee relations issues, deliver training, recruit new hires, and implement local and corporate HR policies and initiatives.
What You Will Do
- Partner with managers and HR colleagues to identify and resolve business/human capital issues
- Participate in development/implementation of corporate and HR-wide policies, programs, and initiatives
- Manage employee life cycle events (on-boarding, performance management, and off-boarding)
- Support recruitment and selection of new employees
- Facilitate Learning Center curriculum for new hires or new people managers
- Ensure compliance with employment laws, risk mitigation, and adherence to HR policies and processes
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You enjoy the variety of a generalist/business partner role
- You successfully balance business priorities with people care
- You are comfortable teaming in person and virtually, as well as working autonomously
- You have excellent project and time management skills
- You're thorough and meticulously attentive to detail
- You enjoy learning and growing
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business or related field
- Knowledge of federal and DC employment regulations
- Minimum 5+ years' HR experience, preferably in the professional services environment
- HCI, HRCI or SHRM certifications preferred
- Experience managing AAP data collection, cleaning, and reporting
- Comfortable with statistics, HR metrics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.