Customer Service Specialist
General Dynamics is currently seeking Customer Service Specialists for VIES program in Coralville, IA. The Customer Service Specialist will perform in a help desk and troubleshooting capacity to provide customer service support via the telephone and/or internet to respond to customer inquiries and resolve technical issues. This position requires the ability to work in a technical capacity providing technical support while analyzing complex data and troubleshooting complex customer service related issues. Job Responsibilities:
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Assists users with the installation, configuration, and upgrade of computer hardware and software of programs in multiple environments and provides education in the use of client mandated software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- May troubleshoot, analyze complex data, and resolve advanced application, corrupt database, and data processing issues in an efficient and effective manner.
- Properly documents and tracks each issue/ticket in Remedy, and escalates issues that require more advanced research and troubleshooting to the appropriate support organizations.
- Properly assigns incident and service request tickets priority using impact and urgency and product categorization classification.
- Applies basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Provides troubleshooting and support.
- Assists in the administration of e-mail systems.
- Provides phone support for local and off-site users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- This position requires a High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of related customer service, call center or help desk experience.
- Ability to work 10 hour shift schedule.
- In an effort to support business need and provide shift support, shift flexability is required.
- Candidates will be required to work 40 hours a week for 3 weeks to complete training and after completion of training, the work schedule will be based on program needs. Please be advised that schedules may be changed at any time to accommodate business need.