Communication and Engagement Director
3 days left
- Full Time
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click Here
This position maybe eligible for telework.
This position is also being announced through Government-Wide procedure under Announcement #HQ-OHC-17-348832-G. Candidates who wish to be considered under both Public (US Citizens) and Government-Wide procedures must apply to both announcements.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
- Not Required
To qualify for the SV K Pay Band (equivalent to the GS-15), you must have one year of specialized experience at the SV-J or GS-14 in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has equipped you with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is defined as:
- Experience with communication methods, practices, policies, and regulations to advise on communications activities; AND
- Experience preparing and editing communications products (e.g., newsletters, customer bulletins, reports, presentations, official correspondence and documents, electronic messaging board, iShare, social media, multimedia content development).
NOTE: Credit for experience is given based on a 40-hour work week. Part-time experience is credited on a part-time ratio, i.e., working 20 hours per week for two months equals one month of experience. No additional credit is given for overtime.
You must meet the qualification requirements for this position no later than the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
This Communication and Engagement Director position is located in the Communication and Engagement Division, within the Office of Human Capital (OHC) , Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position you will be performing a full range of supervisory/managerial duties and will be managing personnel responsible for OHC's internal communication and for leading communication and engagement strategy, planning, and execution within OHC and across TSA. Typical assignments will include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing the division's services and products to engage TSA employees, the OHC workforce, and other stakeholders to support all aspects of TSA's human capital program; and encouraging a culture of workforce engagement at all levels through employee engagement initiatives.
- Managing communications and ensuring the consistency and professional quality of official correspondence and messaging as well as division coordinates with OHC program managers. Establishing controls and tasking of correspondence and other documents (e.g., Questions for the Record, congressional inquiries, external stakeholders or the general public, Reports to Congress, Freedom of information Act or Privacy Act requests, audits, inquiries from the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and Office of Inspector General (OIG), and presentations for the Assistant Administrator and staff). Overseeing the editing, writing, and coordination for the review of correspondence, reports, Congressional inquiries on a wide variety of subjects, Reviewing OHC’s position in response to GAO and IG reports. Recommending changes to policies and procedures based on the results of internal and external audits.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of TSA’s workforce engagement strategies, activities, and programs, (e.g., IdeaFactory) that foster and develop open communications at all levels of the organization, encourage free exchange of ideas, opinions, concerns, recommendations, and best practices in a collegial forum, and provide effective feedback, as necessary. Supporting the implementation of ideas and avenues to address concerns. Establishing coordinating and supports the development of advisory councils and other activities to incorporate field office and headquarters perspectives into all communications and recognition initiatives.
- Managing the coordination and facilitation for OHC human resources training sessions for management staff and employees throughout TSA, and assessing the need for training in specific areas. Reaching out to OHC program officials and TSA program offices for recommended training topics; and establishing and coordinating the agenda, objectives, content, speakers, location, etc.
- Responsible for developing, executing, and managing a comprehensive OHC communications strategy. Managing strategic planning, marketing and communications to include setting performance goals that drive effective and clear communication and the creation and delivery of digital content aligned with budget and goals. Developing effective policies for implementation and execution of programs to accomplish mission requirements.
- Overseeing the creation and management of the production process of multimedia content; repurposing/creating text, digital audio and video production, and graphics creation/selection. Planning, developing and recommending program formats and new concepts. Analysis Includes audience interests, staff requirements, technical needs, budgetary needs and promotional ideas. Overseeing the planning and coordination for all graphic support.
- Managing all OHC internal communications to include Electronic Messaging Board, training calendar, Town Hall meetings, contact list, etc. Managing the development and maintenance of OHC's IShare and OHC newsletter. Ensuring the preparation, coordination, and dissemination of employee communications, customer bulletins, and OHC Broadcast Messages. Performing external communications via social media (e.g., OHC Twitter, Facebook) in coordination with the TSA Office of Strategic communications and Public Affairs.
- Serving as the liaison and project lead to contractor support ensuring that all contractor human resource communications are reviewed by and coordinated with the division.