HRIS Trainer - University of Human Resources
7 days left
- Full Time
HRIS Trainer, Training and Documentation - University Human Resources
The HRIS Trainer develops and executes high-quality, frequently presented technical training programs, curriculum and content. S/he analyzes the training needs of the expert and user communities, and provides demonstration, orientation, and training classes to all types of stakeholders. The HRIS Trainer collaborates among a wide range of stakeholders on training and user documentation for the HR, Benefits and Payroll system (Georgetown Management Systems - GMS). Reporting to the HRIS Manager, the HRIS Trainer has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Works collaboratively with the GMS CORE team leads, project members, and the SMEs in the functional HR areas regarding the training and documentation needs, including those associated with the 2/year regularly scheduled Workday upgrades.
- Writes training programs, including objectives, outlines, text, handouts, tests, exercises, job and teaching aids, user guides, frequently asked questions, WIKIs, process flow diagrams, and graphics.
- Provides demonstration, orientation and training classes - taught by both the Trainer and the Subject Matter Experts - to all types of stakeholders and system users.
- Completes system and procedural documentation for a wide range of system users - from expert users to novices - and executes Demonstration, Orientation and Training Classes to all types of system users and stakeholders.
- Provides system user support for upgrades, to include answering user questions about the system/process, and triages user error from system error.
- Coordinates the communication of all upcoming system changes, training opportunities, and upcoming courses, to include maintenance of the associated training websites and calendars.
- As assigned, leads and directs the work of other trainers and consultants.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 4 years - preferably six - of technical experience (technical writing, training, instructional design, course development, and training resource coordination)
- Experience conducting HRIS/technical training in a college or university setting preferred
- Experience training large groups and conducting face-to-face training strongly preferred
- Experience with applications such as Workday, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, and Cognos
- Proficiency in creating web-based training, classroom, and instructional materials, devices, teaching aids, user guides, and technical/troubleshooting manuals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Superior skills in organizational, coordination, and verbal, written, and interpersonal communications with the ability to produce high quality deliverables on time
- Superior diagnostic, communication, presentation, and technical skills
- Ability to communicate complex material in a straight forward manner to diverse HRIS users with different needs and different levels of expertise in the system communities, to include senior executives, faculty, administrators, students, and IT professionals
- Ability to work collaboratively among a broad range of HR and IT professionals - to include instructors, managers, and clients - to identify training needs
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.