Director, IT Security
- Provide strategic management of security risk/threats to the company’s IT assets including access to IT assets by personnel, contractors, and members.
- Develop security policies and procedures, including penetration testing, evaluation, and mitigation recommendations to enhance IT security controls effectiveness.
- Develop and track departmental performance reports.
- Lead staff and daily operations in IT Security operations, support IT Security on PenFed’s Business Continuity Team.
- Provide expertise, direction and support on all matters relating to IT l security, IT security risk identification and assessments, analysis and integration, and IT security awareness.
- Evaluate IT security systems, employee training programs, policies and procedures to maximize the department’s effectiveness in mitigating risks and identifies opportunities for improved efficiency.
- Leverage technology wherever possible to minimize manual processes.
- Develop and implement an IT threat assessment and security strategy for each PenFed site and lead the development of the Security Operations Center model.
- Conduct thorough internal investigations as needed with an ability to articulate evidentiary details to both executive management and/or law enforcement entities.
- Assist in the formulation, presentation and execution of an operational budget.
- Lead initiatives and staff in identifying and conducting risk assessment, identifying and implementing controls to mitigate risks, monitoring performance of controls and taking corrective measures.
- Establish and maintain relationships with senior executives, business unit leaders and law enforcement to ensure IT and cyber security protocols are met.
- Develop and implement IT security training/education initiatives throughout the enterprise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Security, Business, Risk Management or related field required.
- Master’s Degree in Management, Security, Business, Risk Management or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ of experience in Global Security, Physical Security, Safety, Investigations and Risk Management is required.
- Knowledge of security access control software, equipment and processes required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.