6 days left
- Full Time
The Purchasing Specialist will support the management and optimization of The Post's contracts and purchase orders (PO) process. In addition to performing daily purchasing duties, he/she will research and evaluate vendors, analyze quotes, negotiate prices, issue and track orders, and coordinate closely with internal and external partners, all while seeking opportunities to streamline procurement processes and reduce costs.
- Review and approve purchase orders requisitions per The Post's procedures and policies.
- Generate, submit and track POs for accurate and timely processing
- Work closely with the customers to understand their needs and provide guidance in placing their orders
- Resolve PO and Billing discrepancies with the requester or supplier
- Assist with financial risk evaluations on existing and potential suppliers; manage some service relationships with suppliers; audit invoices against contracts to ensure accuracy
- Assist in creating purchasing process documentation; conduct business owner training across the organization
- Compile and maintain contracts and leases to establish a contracts database; manage purchasing policies and compliance across the organization
- Research the best products and suppliers in terms of value, delivery schedules and quality; propose company cost savings opportunities based on findings
- Backup Accounts Payable processes as needed; assist with AP spend audits and track cost saving performance
- Create RFQ and RFPs for potential suppliers
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related Business Administration
- 5+ years of experience in purchasing or related field
- Experience in audit, process enhancement, training and contract management is preferred
- Experience in Oracle and i-Procurement is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Access database is preferred