DIRECTOR OF POLICY AND ADVOCACY
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF POLICY AND ADVOCACY
ETR is in need of an exceptional Director of Policy and Advocacy! Are you interested in serving as an ambassador to promote federal and state policies that align with organizational objectives? Are you eager to cultivate strategic partnerships with key policymakers to protect funding for ETR’s content areas? A strong leader excited to grow ETR’s brand and elevate our policy goals? If you are interested in making a difference in an innovative results-oriented organization, this is the career opportunity for you! This position is located in Washington, DC area.
ETR is a behavioral health non-profit devoted to providing science-based programs and services. We are driven by our mission to advance health and opportunities for youth and families. Our multidisciplinary staff of health educators, program developers, trainers, curriculum specialists, writers, editors, graphic artists, librarians, publication and distribution experts, technologists and social scientists work to transform outcomes in four areas:
- HIV, sexual, and reproductive health (HIV/SRH)
- Equity and inclusion in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) fields
- Alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- School-based health and wellness
Our strategies are based on the philosophy of linking research to practice. We use leading edge and traditional strategies in applied research, evaluation, training technical assistance and capacity building assistance (CBA), program development, product development and evidence-based program dissemination to achieve our mission.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Policy and Advocacy is responsible for identifying, developing, and promoting a variety of federal and state policy activities, and cultivates strategic relationships with other sectors and organizations that will contribute to achieving organizational goals. Increases ETR visibility with key stakeholders, clients and potential partners. This position participates in departmental and agency duties in addition to:
ESSENTIAL (CORE) DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may also be assigned)
- Provides strategic guidance for ETR’s bipartisan and evidence-based public policy activities, including federal and state-level efforts, to address ETR’s critical content areas; HIV/Sexual Health, School-based Health and Wellness, Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs and Equity and Inclusion in STEM
- Engages with Congress, the Administration, state policymakers, and others to advance or protect funding and policies that affect ETR’s content areas through information, access, and opportunity.
- Collaborates and inspires diverse range of national, state, and local organizations to elevate and advance ETR’s policy goals as well as engage in policy activities.
- Communicates with and guides ETR leadership, Board, public policy consultants, and advisory groups.
- In collaboration with other ETR colleagues, identifies and cultivates strategic partnerships with key organizations and sectors in support of organizational goals.
- Supports the development and refinement of talking-points for internal and external use as well as develops policy-related communications content.
- Produces strategy documents, issue briefs, legislative analysis, regulatory comments, and other policy materials.
- Serves as an ambassador for ETR, forging and maintaining relationships with a wide range of organizations and individuals in addition to establishing and maintaining a leadership role within and outside the organization.
- Contributes as a member of the ETR’s Cross-Fertilization Integration Team, providing input, expertise, effective management and leadership for a wide range of initiatives, publications, events, messages, and development activities.
- Completes tasks successfully and within specified deadlines besides demonstrating successful promotion of ETR’s work and findings, as well as own work at external conferences and meetings.
- Grows ETR’s reputation for its expertise in its mission as well as diverse funding sources for projects and core activities.
- Keeps direct supervisor(s) timely informed and provides guidance and supervision to direct reports.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to ETR policies and procedures.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in fields such as public policy, mass communications, and/or public administration.
- Ten or more years’ experience in project management and managing and mentoring all levels of staff.
- Familiarity with various health and education program areas applicable to the work of the ETR.
- Ability to assess appropriate levels of staffing for project activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the workings of state and federally funded projects.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written as well as exceptional leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt to timeline adjustments and reorganize work accordingly.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and records with tact and discretion.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Valid driver’s license; acceptable record and proof of insurance required.
ETR offers Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits:
- Salary: Competitive compensation commensurate with experience. Full-time. Exempt
- Employer-paid life, disability, health, dental and vision insurance
- Very generous PTO plan and holiday pay
- ETR contributes to a 401(k) retirement benefits for qualified employees
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic, innovative and creative team!
Deadline Date: Until filled.
Application: Please submit cover letter and resume to: E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. or send to T. Sanders, Human Resources Department, ETR Associates, 100 Enterprise Way, Suite G300, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. For complete job description and to learn more about ETR, please visit www.ETR.org.
ETR is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO and AA Employer/VET/Disabled
Apply for DIRECTOR OF POLICY AND ADVOCACY
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly